I dont understand the concept of the processor expert generated code when in a multi project multi core application can anyone explain?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dont understand the concept of the processor expert generated code when in a multi project multi core application can anyone explain?

liam_battershel
Contributor I

Hi all,

for a task I'm working on I started by creating a project that reads data from the CAN modules and writes the data to the SD card. This was done on the MPC5748G on one of the Z4 cores using Processor expert for the configuration. everything works well as a single core project, however now i want to get all of the CAN communications  running on Z4_0 and all of the file system and sd card stuff running on Z4_1.

I'm doing this by starting a new project with two cores as two separate projects(project_Z4_0, project_Z4_1) and transferring all of the CAN components from my first project to "project_Z4_0" and transferring all the fatft and sdhc components to "project_Z4_1". I copied the pin mux on both of the new projects from the first project so they are the same. 

this didnt work and im no longer receiving can messages...

I also created a set of shared variables using the  linker scripts and including the .o file for the shared variables which seems to be working fine.  

so my question is... what is the correct way to do this configuration on a multi core project that works by having 2 separate projects? does all the configuration go into one or both projects or do i separate the required functionality of each core and configure them separately?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Liam

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

liam_battershel
Contributor I

I found i wasn't running the CLOCK_SYS_Init function on my new project so it wasnt being configured according to my generated code.

Many thanks

Liam

0 Kudos