How to program and erase shadow memory

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program and erase shadow memory

Contributor III

Hello eyeryone!

Recently I 'm learning MPC5675K .I want to operate flash memory. There is present a shadow block in code flash memory module.I hope to program and erase shadow memory ,but I don't know how to operate it .
      User mode program and erase of the shadow block are enabled .There are some registers listed in the below photo.

But I can't find in the project file of "MPC5675K.h".

Really hope to get your help !捕获110.PNG

2 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Firstly I would like to strongly warn that shadow flash programming may be potentially dangerous because there is also censorship information there. Censorship feature is a way to prevent unauthorized access to the device. However it is very sensitive thing. It is needed to use it very carefully, because an inappropriate usage can lead in making the device useless. If user accidentally erases shadow flash/row there is no chance to recover it (unless it had been though about before).

I have two examples for censorship programming, however none for MPC5675K, Principle is similar, but there may be certain differences there:
Example MPC5604B Censorship CW210 
Example MPC5644A Censorship CW210 

My colleague also prepared similar one:
Example MPC5604B Shadow Flash Reprogramming 

Also, I would recommend you to read application note "Preventing Device Lockout via Censorship on MPC55xx and MPC563x Families":
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN3787.pdf 

It is very good to have EVB with MCU socket for these experiments, because users very often broke their devices and then there is a need to MCU replacing.

Contributor III

David Tosenovjan

Thank you for your answer !  It's really appreciate. Now I tell you why I want to use it. There are two applications ( Bootloader and application)  in the MCU. Sometimes MCU apply Bootloader  and sometimes apply application. When I  change Bootloader application to

other application , I  want to transfer some information . It means that I want to store some imformations in a place that  two applications all 

can get it.

For example , there are two applications (A and B) in the MCU. I can make A to B and  make B to A .I want to store some imformations

in a place that A and B all  can get it .

Do you have a appropriate way to deal with it ?  Really hope to get your help. 

0 Kudos