Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate. obj files from codearrar2.1 code

Jump to solution
jiachunyu
Contributor I

Hello

When I use CodeWarrior2.1 to compile code programs, I only get .mcp project files, but I need the .obj file of the code program. I can't find a way or related settings in CodeWarrior2.1 to automatically generate .obj files, so please help me solve the problem of how to use CodeWarrior2.1 to generate .obj files. Thank you!

I found articles and materials on the Internet plus about using the codemarrior2.1 command line tool (CLT), but I don't know how to use the CLT. My CLT won't open. I've set compatibility and selected windows7 for compatibility. My computer system is windows11, but it didn't solve the problem of not opening the CLT. So please help me solve the problem I encountered. Thank you.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards

command_line_tool.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

you may find helpful this thread - https://community.nxp.com/t5/CodeWarrior-for-QorIQ/Where-s-the-Object-Code/m-p/125154  

jiri_kral_0-1714987370020.png

Object files you can find in Project\Project_Data\internal_FLASH\ObjectCode\ folder. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jiachunyu,

Could you please share the part number that you are currently using in order to provide you better support?

Thanks,
Edwin.

0 Kudos
jiachunyu
Contributor I
Hello Edwin

The part number I am using is SPC5606BMLU6, and I am using Codewire version 2.10, which is an evaluation version downloaded from NXP's official website. The computer system I am using is Windows 11. Also, can you contact me via email? My email is "jiachunyu@catarc.ac.cn" Contacting through email can save a lot of time, thank you! Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards
0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

you may find helpful this thread - https://community.nxp.com/t5/CodeWarrior-for-QorIQ/Where-s-the-Object-Code/m-p/125154  

jiri_kral_0-1714987370020.png

Object files you can find in Project\Project_Data\internal_FLASH\ObjectCode\ folder. 

0 Kudos
jiachunyu
Contributor I

Thank you jiri_Kral

I have finally generated the.o file with codewarrior2.1, thank you very much for your help.
         I would like to ask if in addition to generating.o files when compiling a program with codewarrior2.1, can other files generated during compilation also be saved in the project folder?
         Looking forward to your reply!

Thank you!

Best regards

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

which other files do you like to be generated? 

0 Kudos
jiachunyu
Contributor I
Hi jiri_kral
Just reply to your message is not an important requirement in my project. In fact, I mainly need to compile the generated.o file after the completion, and then the important question is how to compile the link to the.o file with codewarrior2.1 instead of compiling the link to the.c file, can codewarrior2.1 do this? If it can be realized, please teach me how to operate it, thank you very much for your help!
Best regards!
0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

to be honest, I don't understand the approach. Can you please share more details? 

Normally if you build your CW project - source code is compiled into object files and object files are linked onto executable .elf file. Binary contend of the .elf file can be upload into target device via debug probe (PE Micro for example). 

0 Kudos
jiachunyu
Contributor I
Hi jiri_kral
Let me explain the project I am doing, we have finished writing the underlying program source code on codewarrior2.1, and then we need to convert the source code.c file to.o file, because of the protection of intellectual property rights, our source code.c file is not open to customers, we only provide.o file to customers. We have reserved the interface and function of the relevant function, and the customer only needs to write the upper level program code to communicate with our underlying program. Therefore, the client can only compile through the.o file provided by us when compiling, but it is not clear whether codewarrior2.1 can meet such requirements, so I need your help. If you have questions about my description, I will be ready to explain to you where my description is unclear. Thank you for your help. Thank you very much!
Best Regards
0 Kudos
jiachunyu
Contributor I

Hi jiri_kral

When compiling, will generate some process files, such as.o,.s files, I want to generate these process files are saved, codewarrior2.1 can be implemented? Thank you very much!

Best regards!

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I'm afraid that there is no such feature and CW v2.1 is unmaintained product. I'm not sure what you mean by .s file. If Motorola s-record - it is generated by default. into output folder. 

0 Kudos