EBI of MPC5777M

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBI of MPC5777M

dukaizhu
Contributor I

The reference manual of MPC5777M describe that EBI is supported on the BGA512 package,but not supported on the BGA416 package.  MPC5777M Hardware Design Guide also describe that in the second page of the document, but in the 25 page of MPC5777M Hardware Design Guide,  in the EBI pads configuration table  describle that EBI  is supported  on both BGA416 package and  BGA512 package.  on the I/O signal description table(excel file) , both BGA416 package and  BGA512 package include EBI signals, and on both the schematic of MPC5777M-416DS and MPC5777M-512DS , EBI is supported.

these informations are  not compatible each other ,  I want to know EBI of MPC57777M?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, External Bus is present on both packages as you can see for instance in the AN5115:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5115.pdf 

pastedImage_2.png

Could you tell where in the MPC5777MRM it is stated otherwise? I haven't found it.

Note that with MPC5777C it is so.

0 Kudos

dukaizhu
Contributor I

The reference manual of MPC5777M describe that EBI is supported on the BGA512 package,but not supported on the BGA416 package,  and in the second page of AN5115 also describle that.

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I see. I guess it'll some preliminary specification not removed for the RM.

Just checking the difference between packages, missing pads are exclusively ADC and GTM pads (+some alternative functions).

If all EBI signals are bonded to external pins there is no reason why EBI module should not be available.

I will report it as documentation error.

0 Kudos