Can MPC5744P feed SBC watch dog when it's in Halt0 mode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can MPC5744P feed SBC watch dog when it's in Halt0 mode?

leo_liu2
Contributor III

Hi Sir, I want to know whether MPC5744P can still feed the SBC watch dog when it is in Halt0 mode?To save power,so i have to let the MCU enter Halt0 mode,however,it's suppose to feed the SBC watch dog becase it supply the power of MCU and other module.But when MCU enter Halt0 mode ,it's seems does't work anymore and can' feed watch dog,so whether i should wake up the MCU to feed to SBC watch dog and let it enter Halt0 mode again after feeding the SBC watch dog.Can you tell me whether my idea can work or not? If it can ,how to realize it,is there any example i can refer to? If it can't,how can i realize my intention?

Best regard,

Leo

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Sure it can feed the SBC. But have in mind that the core is not operational in this mode. So no instructions are executed by core.

petervlna_0-1609941160482.png

so whether i should wake up the MCU to feed to SBC watch dog and let it enter Halt0 mode again after feeding the SBC watch dog.Can you tell me whether my idea can work or not?

yes this is correct approach

Furhtermore: XBAR masters cannot operate in system HALT0 mode as they are clock gated.

best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

leo_liu2
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks to tell me that my idea is work.Are there any example that can show me how to realize the function?I have tried to realize that,but it's failed.When i transfer the mcu to Halt0 mode ,it turn back to RUN0 quickly. 

best regards,

leo

0 Kudos