Bootloader fails with IVOR6 error in MPC5777M EVB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader fails with IVOR6 error in MPC5777M EVB

yalamandadosaky
Contributor V

Hi All, I am currently working on Boot loader project for MPC5777M EVB, I am using s32ds power pc V1.1 for my development.

We have developed a bootloader with 5777M EVB , Where Z4_2 core and Z7_0 cores are there, We are not doing any thing in the Z4_2 core , our total bootloader code is in Z7_0 (Ethernet based flashing code).

I am able to flash and executing the simple led blinking application program(only Z4_2 core is used for led blinking application program) with our boot loader project.

But When we tried with another application program, which consists both Z4_2 and Z7_0 cores (But Here I am flashing Z7_0 core code only Our bootloader is failed to execute it.In this I am getting IVOR6 Error ,when I jump to application execution address of Z7_0 core.

I have doubt that , Whether it is needed to flash both (Z4_2, Z7_0) cores or is it enough to flash only Z7_0 core code.

Currently I am flashing Z7_0 core code only and jumping it's execution address, but it is giving IVOR6 Error.

I can flash two core files , but How to jump and execute them at a time ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

the other cores are started by your SW. When you create new multi-core project in S32DS, this main_Z4_2.c is generated:

pastedImage_1.png

This core performs necessary initialization in startup files and then it can start other cores. So, you should program images for all cores which you use, then jump to reset vector of Z4_2 (I strongly recommend to revert everything back to reset state and disable interrupts, so there's predictable state to start user app) and user application running on Z4_2 should then start other cores.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

yalamandadosaky
Contributor V

Hi lukaszadrapa‌ , I have tried with simple led blinking program which has two cores (z4_2 and Z7_0)  and I flashed only Z7_0 with my boot loader and it is working(My application) only when (jumping to application execution address and executing it) I suspend the debug session and resume it.Till I suspend debug session , the RED Led(RESET) is continuously is glowing.

Even after resetting the board  still the RED Led is continuously is glowing and after suspending  and resuming debug My application code is working.

I am using Functional reset (in Z7_0 core) to  reset the board after flashing the application.

0 Kudos