mimxrt1176 qspi flash boot without mcuxpresside

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mimxrt1176 qspi flash boot without mcuxpresside

TnseoRnr
Contributor I

It should boot via Flexspi flash in an environment configured similarly to the MIMXRT1170 EVK. After downloading the example project through MCUXpressIDE settings ("Link application to ram"), we updated the firmware to be actually used and checked its operation. Is there a way to enable Flexspi without IDE and boot using external flash? I am using jlink and tried it through SEGGER, but it failed.

I want to set quad enable  bit (for Flexspi) without IDE. Should I use boot rom or another boot mode?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TnseoRnr
Contributor I

Or should I use a program like MCUBootUtility?

Can I enable Quad Enable bit with MCUBootUtility?

Can't I use MCUBootUtility in internal boot mode?

0 Kudos

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jinsu Kim,

I'd recommend to use MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning Tool. See http://nxp.com/mcuxpresso/secure

In the user guide, you can find step-by-step workflow for different boot modes specific for RT117x.

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos

TnseoRnr
Contributor I

Thank you for answer. Does the USB (HID?) port need to be configured to use MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning Tool or MCUbootutility? 

The currently configured port consists of only jtag for jlink. Is there a way to connect MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning Tool or MCUbootutility via Jlink?

If it is not available, please guide me if there is a way to enable Quad Enable to use flexspi through the jlink emulator.

Or is there another way to do it?

0 Kudos