cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building NXP Application Code Hub Projects

Jump to solution
jrodrigues9
Contributor I

I have been trying to figure out the workflow associated with a FRDM-MCXN947 development board, and to that extent, I have been trying to build one of the example projects available on the Application Code Hub, in this case, I have been trying to build and flash the "On-device training fan anomaly detection on MCXN947" project. However, I do not seem to be able to build the project for some reason. When I try to build it, I get the error "no such file or directory. CMake Error: Generator: execution of make failed. Make command was: all". Why am I getting this error and how can I build the project without any issues? For further context, I am currently using the MCUXpresso VSCode extension, and installed the additional dependencies through the extension itself. I have followed the instructions available at this link so far - https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/appcodehub?search=dm-on-device-training-fan-anomaly-on-mcxn947. Please advise. Kind regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alex_Wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @jrodrigues9 

Please refer to the attached video steps to import the SDK and project.

Hope this hopes you.

Best regards, Alex

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @jrodrigues9 

I tested on my side, there is no compile error.

Alice_Yang_0-1709110442285.png

Please check whether install Cmake. Using MCUXpresso Installer to install.

If can't download, please tell me. I can send you.

BR

Alice 

0 Kudos
jrodrigues9
Contributor I

Hi @Alice_Yang ,

Thanks for your reply. I can confirm that Cmake is installed and via the MCUXpresso installer. Furthermore, I have tried doing this on another machine as well, to no avail unfortunately. In fact, I get an error saying "could not find CMAKE_PROJECT_NAME in Cache" which I fix by manually entering the CMAKE_PROJECT_NAME in the CMakeCache.txt file. It seems to fix the error, and then brings up the Generator error. Do you think these are related by any chance? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @jrodrigues9 

What about the generate error message? Please take a screenshot show it.

If you installed all related tools , and import project correctly, there is no error. I have tested on my side.

How about testing import a SDK demo? If still have issue, please take a video or screenshots show your detail steps. thanks.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
jrodrigues9
Contributor I

Hi @Alice_Yang ,
I will try importing an SDK example in a few minutes like you suggested. I've also attached some screenshots pertaining to the error message I see in the IDE. I've also attached an image showing that I've installed all the packages via the installer. Kindly see if that is of any help.

Kind regards

Error MessageError MessageInstalled PackagesInstalled Packages

0 Kudos
Alex_Wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @jrodrigues9 

Please refer to the attached video steps to import the SDK and project.

Hope this hopes you.

Best regards, Alex

jrodrigues9
Contributor I

Hi @Alex_Wang ,

This was very helpful and I managed to get it working. Many thanks for the help!

0 Kudos