Did you mean: 

【i.mx.rt1061】 How does enet support hot plug function

Jump to solution
bobhi009
Contributor I

Hi:

SDK ver: 2.6.2 EVKB IMXRT1061

I use the usb、sai、and  enet. 

I hope that the USB and SAI interfaces can be used normally When I do not plug in the network cable。

But now if I don't plug in the network cable when I init the enet,  It will block all the task .

bobhi009_0-1631330809430.png

How does enet support hot plug function ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @bobhi009 ,

I find your ethernetif_phy_init API already add the timeout count, do you test it, if you didn't plug the network cable, debug the code, whether it can go over through the while, then do the other module initializing? Or it still stay in the ethernetif_phy_init?

In fact, just need to add the timeout, when the time is reached, and the network cable still didn't plugin, just go over that code, and don't do other enether coding.

Please debug your code and test it again.

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @bobhi009 ,

I find your ethernetif_phy_init API already add the timeout count, do you test it, if you didn't plug the network cable, debug the code, whether it can go over through the while, then do the other module initializing? Or it still stay in the ethernetif_phy_init?

In fact, just need to add the timeout, when the time is reached, and the network cable still didn't plugin, just go over that code, and don't do other enether coding.

Please debug your code and test it again.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
bobhi009
Contributor I

Hi Zhou:

I set the ENET_ATONEGOTIATION_TIMEOUT to '2' , and disable the assert , it can go over now .

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @bobhi009 ,

Thanks for your updated information.

Yes, you are right, you can change the timeout time, it is totally controlled by the customer requirement!

If your issue is solved, please help to mark the correct answer, just to close this case, any new issues in the future, welcome to create the new question post.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos