USB_DeviceCdcAcmEndpointsInit() ignores failures

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB_DeviceCdcAcmEndpointsInit() ignores failures

scottm
Senior Contributor II

This could be considered both a documentation issue and a programming deficiency.  I've got a composite CDC + MSD device that was failing because the endpoint callback array wasn't large enough.  The configuration macro USB_DEVICE_CONFIG_ENDPOINTS sets the number of endpoints supported, but what's not mentioned directly in the docs is that it also determines the maximum endpoint number.  In this case there were 5 endpoints configured with the highest being numbered 5.

The USB_DeviceInitEndpoint() function does check for this condition at runtime, and returns an error.  The documentation is not right (emphasis mine):

kStatus_USB_Invalid-Parameter: The epInit or epCallback is NULL pointer. Or the endpoint number is more
than USB_DEVICE_CONFIG_ENDPOINTS

...but the code is, and it returns an error if the endpoint number is not less than the configured maximum.  The coding issue is in usb_device_cdc_acm.c:  USB_DeviceCdcAcmEndpointsInit() takes the error code but doesn't check it, doesn't stop processing endpoints, and then overwrites the error code when it moves on to the interface initialization.

Not a biggie, but if anyone's taking bug reports, there you go.

Regards,

Scott

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Scott,

Thank you for the report,

I'll inform the SDK team about this.

Best Regards,