cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK demo project cannot compile

laudexter
Contributor I

Hi, 

I followed the installation instructions from, FRDM-KW41Z|Freedom Development Kit|NXP , which was linked to in my quick start guide. however, the wireless example demo codes do not run properly as expected.

When building the ble_thread_router_wireless_uart example project, I get a compilation error, in ble_controller_task.c and app_config.c saying that 2 variables are declared not inside a function.

I haven't even edited the code, so I'm not sure why there is a syntax error.

Can I check if anyone knows what is the problem?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lau,

I compiled the ble_thread_router_wireless_uart project. I didn't find any problem. So maybe you can try to download the SDK package again and recompile it.

Regards

0 Kudos

laudexter
Contributor I

Hi Jing Pan,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried re-downloading the SDK from the link provided at FRDM-KW41Z|Freedom Development Kit|NXP , but the same thing still happens.

A similar build error happens when I run any other of the wireless_examples, but the driver_examples and the demo_apps run fine.

I also realized that I could not find a main function in any of my wireless examples. I think that was probably what caused the build error.

Do you have any idea what might have caused this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

laudexter
Contributor I

Hi guys,

I figured out the problem. For whatever reason, the sdk provided at FRDM-KW41Z|Freedom Development Kit|NXP  did not work for me. I had to go to Welcome to MCUXpresso | MCUXpresso Config Tools  and use the SDK builder provided there. That eventually worked.

I hope this helps anyone with similar problems.

0 Kudos