cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP SDK sample codes for u-blox MAYA-W1 series bluetooth

kcchen
Contributor I

Hi,

Currently I am trying to develop a bluetooth project using u-blox MAYA-W161-00B along with iMXRT1170 on MCUXpresso. It is stated as a supported module in the partner profile, but the example codes provided in the NXP SDK(2.13.1) don't have this module. Only the other bluetooth modules were mentioned to configure the project:

WIFI_IW416_BOARD_AW_AM510MA
WIFI_IW416_BOARD_AW_AM457_USD
WIFI_88W8987_BOARD_AW_CM358MA
K32W061_TRANSCEIVER
WIFI_IW416_BOARD_MURATA_1XK_USD
WIFI_IW416_BOARD_MURATA_1XK_M2
WIFI_88W8987_BOARD_MURATA_1ZM_USD
WIFI_88W8987_BOARD_MURATA_1ZM_M2

This module is also mentioned in the document MCUXpresso SDK 2.12.1 RT Platform: UM11441 Getting Started with NXP-based Wireless Modules (Chap 4.2.4) ,however, it is not described in the macro configuration(Chap 8.1). Could someone please provide a sample code, or at least how to modify the existing sample code for this bluetooth module? Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Unfortunately, this module is not supported on the RT1170.

I recommend you to take a look to UM11441 available in the following route of your SDK bundle SDK_2_13_1_MIMXRT1170-EVKB\docs\wireless\ to see which boards or board does support your module. E.g. RT1060 EVK.

I´m sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you.

Regards,

Daniel.

0 Kudos

kcchen
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the reply. I saw that MAYA-W1 is only mentioned on i.MX RT1060 EVK for "SDIO interface for Wi-Fi" in Table 2 from document UM11441, but it is not listed for any of the boards in "UART interface for Bluetooth/Bluetooth LE". Does it mean none of the boards from NXP support the bluetooth feature on MAYA-W1?

Thanks and best regards,

0 Kudos

DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

According to the documentation, that is correct. The MCUXpresso SDK doesn't support the BT feature on this module.

I would recommend you to get in touch with your module maker and ask them if they have something regarding this query.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you.

Regards,

Daniel.

0 Kudos