cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso and SDK for K40/K60 processors

partis
Contributor III

Hi all

We are using a number of NXP processors but will stick with the K60DN512VLL10 for this posting.

Using MCUXpresso 11.6.1 we create a .mex file and add FlexCAN. It generates initialisation structures etc.

The latest SDK for this processor is 2.2.0.

The IDE warns that:

Issue: Unsupported version of the FLEXCAN Driver in the toolchain/IDE project. Required: 2.2.3, actual: 2.2.0. Project might not compile correctly.
Level: Warning
Type: Validation
Tool: Toolchain/IDE project
Origin: Peripherals
Target: Toolchain/IDE project: core0
Resource: platform.drivers.flexcan

A warning would be fine, but compilation fails with:

board/peripherals.c:453:4: error: 'flexcan_config_t' {aka 'const struct _flexcan_config'} has no member named 'timingConfig'

as the structures for FlexCAN initialisation are different between the generated code and the SDK.

I cannot believe for one moment that NXP would knowingly allow for broken toolchains and SDKs as this prevents maintenance for existing (and legacy) systems.

Is there an updated SDK? Or a patch which can be imported via "Data Manager"?

Kind regards

Gary Partis
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @partis,

As you noticed the SDK v.2.2.0 is not fully supported by Peripherals tool. There are no plans for updated SDKs or patches, but manually implementing them (from scratch or the FlexCAN examples) should work.

I apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

If you experience more problems, or require further support with the FlexCAN driver, please let me know!

Best regards, Julian

0 Kudos