MAC ID OVERWRITING IN EFUSE MEMORY

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC ID OVERWRITING IN EFUSE MEMORY

asvitha
Contributor I

Writing mac id to the efuse addressable areas from location 0x22 to 0x24. i took the example code from the sdk 2.9.1 and tried to fuse the mac id in the 0x22 location it writed successfully and again if am trying to write to the same location it is adding with previous data.suppose previous data is 0x12345678 and now again i am trying with another data 0x87654321 and the output is  0x97755779.Actually i am trying with 0x01 tester register it is showing write access denied, why it is happening like that can anybody suggest.

location: import sdk example->driver example->ocotp->ocotp  example.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Asvitha,

The OTP elements can just be written once, but more precisely, they can only transition from zero to one. Once one of the OTP elements is set to one, it won’t go back to zero, even if you try to write to them, as electronically speaking this transition cannot be achieved.

If you write to an OPT which was already written, it will turn zeros to ones, sort of like an XOR operation, but it cannot write any OPT bits back to zero.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi asvitha

Please let me know the chip part number, thus we can assign right engineer for your issue.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

asvitha
Contributor I

@ZhangJennie  imxrt1064

0 Kudos