How to actvie and lock the LO generation when switching from TX to RX and vice-versa.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to actvie and lock the LO generation when switching from TX to RX and vice-versa.

hhj2134
Contributor I

Hi.

I'm using kw36.

I want to active (and in lock) the local oscillator (LO) generation when switching from transmitter to receiver and vice-versa.

I have read several references but have not found anything relevant.

Plz help me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please provide more details on what you are trying to achieve ? Also, if you can provide those references, it would be helpful to understand what you are trying to achieve.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

hhj2134
Contributor I

Sorry for the late reply.

What I am currently trying to do is phase based distance estimation using GFSK packet or Continuous Wave.

See page 4 of the paper "A high-accuracy phase-based ranging solution with BLE" to find out what I asked. "A high-accuracy phase-based ranging solution with BLE" is a study of phase-based distance estimation using kw36.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I do not have the link to the document you are referring to, still , if what you are looking for some localization algorithm  development the only support we currently have available is through the  APIs to capture IQ, nonetheless, you will need to develop your own examples with those API's.

The API's can be found at the following path.

<installation path>\ middleware\wireless\framework_x.y.z\XCVR\MKW36Z

You can find the APIs to capture IQ in the dbg_ram_capture or the dma_capture files, nonetheless, that it's the only information we have available for this matter, there is no documentation on this yet but the code comments on the files.

Still, currently this is the only support we have available in the development of the localization examples. 

Sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you.

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos