How is the default project "main" file generated?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the default project "main" file generated?

jackking
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

I have created my own SDK version for my project, but the one thing I could not figure out is how the default project file is generated, which has the main entry function in it.

I would like my own custom code to be used, but I don't know where to modify the SDK/template to change the default code.  I searched for strings that are in the default code, but they aren't anywhere in the SDK.

Does someone know how to change the project default code?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I recommend you start user application with an existing SDK demo which is similar to your applicaiton. If you want to create a new SDK from start, it's also implementable. We have instruction for that.
Under MCUXpresso IDE install folder, there is file MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf, chapter 5. Creating New Projects using installed SDK Part Support
After the new SDK project created, to add component, check Chapter 7. SDK Project Component Management.
You can also open MCUXpresso configurations to configure clock/peripheral/pins,etc.

ZhangJennie_0-1635153859252.png

Anyway, please read the file first. It's easy and readable. If you still have question after reading it, just ask here again.

Have a nice day

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

jackking
Senior Contributor I

Yes, I have already successfully created a custom device, custom SDK version and added my components as middleware to the SDK, that is all working well. 

My question is about the default project main file, which doesn't seem to be controlled by the SDK...

Screenshot_10_25_21__7_37_AM.jpg

 I think it must come from the MCUXpresso IDE itself, because this code for "Hello World" is not in any of the SDK files.

Maybe this section of the MCUXpresso settings?  Is it possible to change this or even disable the generation of this file?

Screenshot_10_25_21__7_40_AM.jpg

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, this "main" file is automatically created when creates new project. Normally the main file name is the same as the project name. 

If user want to change the file name, just manually rename it. It's no harmful result.

Thanks

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos