cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMSIS SPI driver code disabled

DeepakKukreja
Contributor III

Hi,

I am creating code for the MK12DN512VLK5 device. My device is required to communicate on the SPI port. I have posted another query on whether to use the SPI CMSIS-DRIVER or the MCUXPresso SDK API. 

When I am trying to use the CMSIS-DRIVER api, the code in the fsl_dspi_cmsis.c is disabled, after the following preprocessor check;

#include "fsl_dspi_cmsis.h"

#if ((RTE_SPI0 && defined(DSPI0)) || (RTE_SPI1 && defined(DSPI1)) || (RTE_SPI2 && defined(DSPI2)))

I am developing a bare metal application. I do not want to use the DMA for the SPI data transfer.

The sample DSPI CMSIS-Driver project that I am referring to is for the Tower board Twrk21d50m, in that project there is a file MK21DA5.h file, in which DSPI0 is defined, whereas in the project that I have created for my  processor Mk12DN512VLK5 I could not find similar definition or the device header file. 

Why would this be? The SDK that I had configured and downloaded was for the MK12DN512 part, and it is named accordingly SDK_2.3.1_MK12DN512xxx5

0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi DeepakKukreja:

NXP demos is based on NXP boards.  Since we don't have a board with MK12DN512VLK5,  so you can not import the CMSIS demos.

You can start with TWR-K21D50M demos as a reference, and start your own project.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

DeepakKukreja
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

My query was not regarding how to use the demo code.

When I try to include the DSPI CMSIS headers in my application  (which is created for the KM12DN512VLK5) the code in the header file is all commented out because of some missing definitions.

What does a software engineer need to do in case he/she wants to use the CMSIS Driver code for a NXP controller for which NXP does not have an evaluation board?

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, 

I tried it on my newly created empty project based on MK12DN512XXX5,  selected the CMSIS drivers SPI_SMSISInclude , and I found the Driver_SPI.h and Drvier_Common.h are still there.  not commented out.   how can I reproduce your issue on my side?

I am using MCUXpresso IDE 11.2.1

danielchen_1-1607653470219.png

danielchen_0-1607653111552.png

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos