cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad UDP behavior after migrating fsl_enet from 2.2.4 to 2.2.5 version

embeddeddavid
Contributor IV

Good morning,

We have a UDP/IP stack code that has started to misbehave on a K64 after migrating fsl_enet driver from 2.2.4 to 2.2.5 version. This is the result of updating SDK from version 2.6 to 2.7. We have observed that our device keeps repeating UDP messages in response to a single UDP request. Has anybody experienced something similar? I have surfed the NXP website but I haven't found any document or patch concerning this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
43 Replies

embeddeddavid
Contributor IV

Hi kerryzhou‌,

The only testing result we have is a wireshark capturewhere the repeated UDP messages can be seen. I don't know which can be the way to detail the steps to reproduce this issue, as I cannot provide you with our code. As additional information, I have not mentioned that our code using SDK 2.7 and lwIP 2.1.2 works allright if we replace the fsl_enet.c and fsl_enet.h pair of files in SDK 2.7 with the ones from SDK 2.6.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi embeddeddavid,

The following SDK code works OK or not on your side with FRDM-K64 board:

SDK_2.7.0_FRDM-K64F\boards\frdmk64f\lwip_examples\lwip_udpecho

In the previous reply, you told me that the UDP Echo example works alright, but  SDK 2.7.0 and lwIP 2.1.2.0 is causing bad UDP communication. So, if totally SDK2.7.0, without the SDK2.6 code, whether has the UDP communication issue on your side now?

I just want to make sure whether the FRDM-K64 with SDK2.7.0 has the UDP communication issue or not, then I can try to reproduce your issue, and check more details.

You also can share the Wireshark test result pictures which demonstrate the bad UDP communication.

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

embeddeddavid
Contributor IV

Hi kerryzhou‌,

I have attached the wireshark capture. Is there any way to share the *.pncap file?

Thanks!udp_issue.png

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi embeddeddavid,

You can zip your .pncap and attach it.

Please also attach the fsl_enet.c and fsl_enet.h in the SDK2.6.0, as I just have the SDK2.7.0.

Do you compare the two version fsl_enet.c and fsl_enet.h difference, then we can check more details about it.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

embeddeddavid
Contributor IV

The 'Insert image' option does not allow to share either *.zip or *.pncap files. Is there any other option to upload files?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi embeddeddavid,

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Please use the Attach function, not the insert image, please click the advanced editor.

Best Regard,

Kerry

0 Kudos

embeddeddavid
Contributor IV

Hi kerryzhou‌,

Please find attached the requested information.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi embeddeddavid

Thanks for your updated information, I already get your attachment, check the two version fsl_enet.c, really a lot of difference.

Could you tell me, which detail difference between your board and the FRDM-K64 board, especially about the ethernet hardware part.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

embeddeddavid
Contributor IV

Hi kerryzhou‌,

FRDM-K64 uses a KSZ8081RNACA Ethernet Physical Transceiver, whereas our hardware uses a KSZ8091RNA.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI embeddeddavid,

Thanks for your updated information!

If you use your own project, just modify the PHY to the  KSZ8081RNACA, then run the UDP function, whether you can reproduce the issues in the FRDM-K64? I just want to check whether can reproduce the issues in the official board, then I can test it.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

embeddeddavid
Contributor IV

Hi kerryzhou‌,

Our code currently uses the fsl_phy pair of files corresponding to phyksz8081 component, as there is no phyksz8091 component included in the SDK.

I have not been able to reproduce this issue in the FRDM-K64 so far.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi embeddeddavid

So, you are still using the phyksz8081 PHY code to your phyksz8091, right?

After checking the wireshark data with my colleague, it seems the issues still relate to your PHY configuration, do you check the difference between phyksz8081 and phyksz8091, and the code side difference?

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

embeddeddavid
Contributor IV

Hi kerryzhou‌,

Is there any link to download the phyksz8091 driver in order to compare its code with the phyksz8081 driver?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi embeddeddavid ,

I still don't have the related driver, maybe you need to check the two PHY datasheet, find the difference, and check the code.

BTW, if you use the SDK2.6.0 fsl_enet, driver, any issues or not?

If it has no issues with your phyksz8091, I think you can use that driver.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

embeddeddavid
Contributor IV

Hi kerryzhou‌,

We have been using phyksz8081 driver since SDK 2.2. Indeed the phyksz8081 driver works allright with the fsl_enet driver from SDK 2.6. It seems compatible with KSZ8091RNA transceiver (so far at least). This issue has arisen after updating SDK from 2.6 version to 2.7 version.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi embeddeddavid 

But the updating SDK won't influence the phyksz8081 , just the KSZ8091RNA PHY has the issues, so maybe the updated point trigger the difference point between the KSZ8091RNA and phyksz8081.

So, if you SDK2.6.0 driver has no issue, you can use the old driver just for fsl_enet, otherwise, you need to find the detail difference between the KSZ8091RNA and phyksz8081. Then check detail driver to find the related different point, it should be time consuming.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

embeddeddavid
Contributor IV

Hi kerryzhou‌,

We are going to replace the KSZ8091RNA PHY with a KSZ8081 in our hardware in order to test the SDK 2.7 properly. I'll let you know the results ASAP.

Thanks!

Regards,

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi embeddeddavid ,

Good thought, just double check whether it is really related to your PHY.

Any updated information, welcome to let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

embeddeddavid
Contributor IV

Hi kerryzhou‌,

How's it going? It's been while... The HW department has finally replaced KSZ8091RNA PHY with a KSZ8081 in a set of devices. I have been able to test the SDK 2.7 with the same results unfortunately :smileysad:

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi embeddeddavid

So sad result!

Now, totally the same as the kinetis FRDM board PHY, but your own board still have issues, right?

But the FRDM didn't find the issues, right?

I think, you can double compare with the FRDM, whether there some missing hardware points?

Any updated information, kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

embeddeddavid
Contributor IV

Hi  kerryzhou

We don't think this is a HW issue. I have been trying to isolate this misbehavior and I have got some results. I have attached a fsl_enet.c file which makes our application work ok. If you compare it with the fsl_enet.c included in SDK 2.7 you'll see slight differences. Please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos