cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"MCU is not selected" after going through wizard

Jump to solution
Anonymous
Deactivated User

I created a SDK for LPC54606J512, manually downloaded and installed it into the IDE (the machine I am using for MCUXpresso IDE has no internet access).

I went through the Create new project wizard and all seems well. See screenshots:

screenshot_1.pngscreenshot_2.png

Select Finish all seems good but when I select ConfigTools Pins for example I get the error MCU is not selected even though I selected the specific one I need in the wizard under device packages.screenshot_3.png

This is my first attempt to use NXP processors so hopefully I am missing something obvious.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

it seems your computer is either offline, behind a proxy or your DNS provider does not translate mcuxpresso.nxp.com.

Config Tools downloads the data on-the-fly when needed (and it is not part of the SDK). If you are not able to have the computer connected to the internet, you can download somewhere (like the SDK?) else the data for Config Tools - https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select_config_tools_data

And then import them, see the <ide_install_dir>/MCUXpresso_IDE_ConfigTools_User_Guide.pdf, chapter 8.7.4 Importing data:

You can import processor data from another computer with Data Manager, provided this
data is available locally.
To import data, do the following:
1. In Menu bar, select Config Tools>Data Manager.
2. In Data Manager, select Import.
3. In Import Processor Data dialog, click Browse.
4. Specify the location of the ZIP file that you want to import and click OK.
5. Choose the data to import by selecting the checkbox in the table.
6. Click Finish.

[...]

Note: You can also import data by selecting File>Import>MCUXpresso Config
Tools>Import Processor Data from the Menu bar.

Regards,

Libor

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Deactivated User

Additional information, I ran the ide from the console with logging enabled and this is the error:

!ENTRY com.nxp.swtools.kex.api.internal.MfactApiClient 4 0 2022-12-14 12:26:03.011
!MESSAGE [NETWORK] listConfigs - unknown host mcuxpresso.nxp.com
SEVERE: [NETWORK] listConfigs - unknown host mcuxpresso.nxp.com [MfactApiClient.listConfigs]

!ENTRY com.nxp.swtools.kex.api.internal.MfactApiClient 4 0 2022-12-14 12:26:03.012
!MESSAGE [NETWORK] getProcessor - unknown host mcuxpresso.nxp.com
SEVERE: [NETWORK] getProcessor - unknown host mcuxpresso.nxp.com [MfactApiClient.getProcessor]
WARNING: Cannot obtain Processor Master Tool Info for LPC54606J512@ksdk2_0. Processor will be marked as unsupported. [AProcessorFilterForSwTools.isConfigurationSupported]

!ENTRY com.nxp.swtools.utils.importer 4 0 2022-12-14 12:26:03.013
!MESSAGE board/peripherals.c contains YAML but processor is not supported [SDK/DATA]
SEVERE: board/peripherals.c contains YAML but processor is not supported [SDK/DATA] [PreparedImportStatus.preparePrjImport]

!ENTRY com.nxp.swtools.sdkproject 4 0 2022-12-14 12:26:03.014
!MESSAGE The project does not contain any configuration/source file to import
SEVERE: The project does not contain any configuration/source file to import [ImportToolchainProjectFactory.logError4User]

!ENTRY com.nxp.swtools.eclipse.handlers 4 0 2022-12-14 12:26:03.016
!MESSAGE Processor 'LPC54606J512' is not supported or data for processor not available (check internet connection)
SEVERE: Processor 'LPC54606J512' is not supported or data for processor not available (check internet connection) [OpenMexForProject.importToolchainConfigurationForProject]

So it seems I need to download and install more than just the SDK..

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

it seems your computer is either offline, behind a proxy or your DNS provider does not translate mcuxpresso.nxp.com.

Config Tools downloads the data on-the-fly when needed (and it is not part of the SDK). If you are not able to have the computer connected to the internet, you can download somewhere (like the SDK?) else the data for Config Tools - https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select_config_tools_data

And then import them, see the <ide_install_dir>/MCUXpresso_IDE_ConfigTools_User_Guide.pdf, chapter 8.7.4 Importing data:

You can import processor data from another computer with Data Manager, provided this
data is available locally.
To import data, do the following:
1. In Menu bar, select Config Tools>Data Manager.
2. In Data Manager, select Import.
3. In Import Processor Data dialog, click Browse.
4. Specify the location of the ZIP file that you want to import and click OK.
5. Choose the data to import by selecting the checkbox in the table.
6. Click Finish.

[...]

Note: You can also import data by selecting File>Import>MCUXpresso Config
Tools>Import Processor Data from the Menu bar.

Regards,

Libor

Anonymous
Deactivated User

Yes, as I mentioned in the first post, for security reasons the computer I use for development is not allowed on the internet.

I did not know about needing the data for Config Tools and was able to download and install and I can now use the configuration tools.

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

how did you "switch" to Pins? Using only the main menu or just simple changing Perspective is not executing the creation/opening of the Configuration Tool project.

Either you have to select the project - see the combo with red:

liborukropec_0-1671029059498.png

Or you can create&open the Config Tools project from the Development perspective

- either project explorer toolbar:

liborukropec_1-1671029128164.png

or Project Explorer context menu on the C/C++ project folder:

liborukropec_2-1671029156224.png

- or finally in the Quick start view:

liborukropec_3-1671029201737.png

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Deactivated User

I did <ConfigTools><Pins>.

When I select the Project from the <Select Project> dropdown, the screen briefly shows a dialog (it goes by too fast to read) then the box continues to show <Select Project>.screenshot_4.png

0 Kudos