Using link server with Windows 10 home edition

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using link server with Windows 10 home edition

BrianHBrook
Contributor I

We have been developing on the rt1050 evaluation boards for some time now and have used the on board link server debug interface with Windows 7 without problems. When trying the same with Windows 10 home edition it is less reliable. At first it would die after single stepping over a few lines of source code but it may be the case that checking "Disable use of preconnect scriipt" in the LinkServer Debugger tab improves things a little bit.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Brian,

Hope you are doing well.

I'd like to confirm a couple of aspects so that I can test this from my end. 

Could you tell me if you are using the IMXRT1050_EVK or IMXRT1050_EVKB.

In addition what version of the IDE and SDK are you using? 

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos

BrianHBrook
Contributor I

The board is EVKB. IDE is 11.1.1 build 3241. SDK is 2.7.0 manifest 3.6.0. As it turns out it is possible for a  program to reside in external DRAM so long as the debugger initializes the DRAM controller before down load. Flash is still a problem.

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Brian,

Hope you are doing well.

I am using the same version IDE and SDK as you mention and the EVKB board on Windows 10 without any issue. When creating an example project from the SDK you may note that the BOARD_Flash has a driver, this is needed in order for it to work correctly. If you are working on a custom board or decide to use a different flash there is a generic driver provided from the drop-down menu. 

pastedImage_1.png

Could you please check if your project has the driver included?You may also find this configuration by right clicking your project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> MCU Settings.

Best Regards,

Sabina

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos