cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using J-link EDU on MCUXpresso

pjanco
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using IMXRT1050-EVKB kit. I have problems with onboard LinkServer debugger. Sometimes it stop working and I am not abble to upload firmware anymore. In this situation, only thing that helps me is to reconfigure "BOOT_MODE" pins to serial downloader mode and then do "Mass erase" procedure using "GUI Flash Tool". Then reconfigure "BOOT_MODE" back to HyperFlash. I need to use all of GPIO pins in my future design. I also need to use "BOOT_MODE" pins as normal GPIO pins and set booting from HyperFlash by fuses. So, this behavior can be a real problem for me in the future.

What it reason for this behavior? Is there alternative method to unbrick not responding processor without using serial downloader?

I decide to try J-LINK EDU SWD debugger instead of onboard LinkServer because maybe this can solve problem describled above. But I have troubles to make J-LINK probe fully working. I am using tools:

MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.1 [Build 795] [2018-07-25]

SDK version 2.4.2 package for EVKB-IMXRT1050 board

I read somewhere that in this version of MCUExpresso should be default support of J-LINK and everythink should work without configuring.

1. I am not able to do a restart of processor using "Restart" button in IDE. There is Debugger console output:
    tbreak main
    Temporary breakpoint 3 at 0x600030e2: file ../source/csi_rgb565.c, line 350.
    monitor reset
    continue
    Continuing.
  2. I am not able to do erase of Flash memory using "Erase Flash" button in IDE. There is Console output:
Erasing device (MCIMXRT1052)...
J-Link: Flash download: Only internal flash banks will be erased.
To enable erasing of other flash banks like QSPI or CFI, it needs to be enabled via "exec EnableEraseAllFlashBanks"

I do not understand where exactly I should add command "exec EnableEraseAllFlashBanks". Is there some script file?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

I would recommend that you take a look at the following document:

IDE 

If for any reason a 'bad' application is programmed into fash and the BootROM boots this image, the resulting executed code may affect the part in such a way that prevents new debug operations succeeding. Should this occur, the troubleshooting section of the above document could help.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos