Unable to open probe index 1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open probe index 1

austinberard
Contributor I

I am unable to use the on board debugger on my MIMXRT1060-EVK kit. When I try to 'Debug' I get the following errors:

error.PNG

err_2.PNG

  

err_3.PNG

The device shows up in my device manager correctly:

device_manager.PNG

I believe the problem is with my computer as I tried the same steps on a new computer (Downloaded the mbed drivers, installed MCUXpresso IDE, etc) and I was able to connect to the on-chip debugger without a problem, so it must be a configuration/driver issue. I tried re-installing MCUXpresso but this did not resolve the issue. Do you have any ideas?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ChuckBel
Contributor I

On my side, I solved this problem by

1 - Going to Windows Device Manager,

2 - find under USB devices the MCU-LINK (r0FF) CMSIS-DAP V3.108,

3 - Right click on it,

4 - Click on Uninstall peripheral,

5 - Unplug the USB cable,

6 - Plug again the USB cable,

It will reinstall itself and it will work !

0 Kudos

prkale
Contributor II

Hey Pablo, @PABA 

I am facing the exact same issue when I try to debug the /evkmimxrt1060_tensorflow_lite_label_image project inside my MCU Xpresso IDE. I am using the RT 1060 board. Could you tell me which drivers I need to install?

I have included my lab file with this question. Do help me if you can.

Thanks,

Prathamesh

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @austinberard 

Thank you so much for using our community. I really appreciate your patience.

Regarding your issue about MIMXRT1060 with your computer, I would like to ask for you if you have already tried to re-install the driver on your old computer? Because it sounds like it is just that issue. Otherwise, please try to connect another USB power to your board as shown in the image, having 2 USBs connected at the same time to see if the problem is solved:

PabloAvalos_0-1651081172246.png

Hope this information is helpful, please let me know if you have more questions.

Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos