Unable to Flash from MCUXpresso IDE Error Em(12)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Flash from MCUXpresso IDE Error Em(12)

Jump to solution
Kolibri
Contributor III

Hello i´m working with MCUXpresso IDE v11.4.0 and the Development Board FRDM-K32L3A6 and the SDK Version 2.10.

First everything worked fine and i was able to flash some driver examples from the sdk.zip file and run them on the board.

Now if i want to flash the board i get this error message.

Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select extended-remote | crt_emu_cm_redlink -msg-port=63801 -g -mi -2 -pK32L3A60xxx -vendor=NXP --connectscript=K32L3Aconnect.scp --reset= -ProbeHandle=1 -CoreIndex=0 -cache=disable --flash-hashing --flash-driver= -x C:/NXP_WS_FRDM_K32L3A6/frdmk32l3a6_hello_world_demo_cm4/Debug --flash-dir C:/nxp/MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.0_6237/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.bin.win32_11.4.0.202108051708/binaries/Flash --flash-dir C:/NXP_WS_FRDM_K32L3A6/.mcuxpressoide_packages_support/K32L3A60xxx_support/Flash --telnet 3331
Error message from debugger back end:
Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: No error.
Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select extended-remote | crt_emu_cm_redlink -msg-port=63801 -g -mi -2 -pK32L3A60xxx -vendor=NXP --connectscript=K32L3Aconnect.scp --reset= -ProbeHandle=1 -CoreIndex=0 -cache=disable --flash-hashing --flash-driver= -x C:/NXP_WS_FRDM_K32L3A6/frdmk32l3a6_hello_world_demo_cm4/Debug --flash-dir C:/nxp/MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.0_6237/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.bin.win32_11.4.0.202108051708/binaries/Flash --flash-dir C:/NXP_WS_FRDM_K32L3A6/.mcuxpressoide_packages_support/K32L3A60xxx_support/Flash --telnet 3331
Error message from debugger back end:
Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: No error.

And in the Console the Error Message:

Opening flash driver FTFE_4K_K32L3A_cm4.cfx
Sending VECTRESET to run flash driver
Driver memory check after reset - mem not working after mailbox read - Em(12). Target rejected debug access at location 0x080026AC
chip initialization failed - Em(12). Target rejected debug access at location 0x08000004
failed to initialize flash driver FTFE_4K_K32L3A_cm4.cfx

Please can you help me fix this problem.

Thank you and best regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kolibri
Contributor III

I solved the problem by using the GUI Flash Tool in the MCUXpresso IDE and change there the options for reset handling and flash reset handling from Default to SYSRESETREQ. After Run everything worked just fine and i´m able to flash with any driver example.

Best regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies
philip_a_ocarro
Contributor I

I hit this problem and noted that the flash algorithm is specified in the MCU memory config. If you open the Project settings and go to MCU, memory you will see the flash algorithm listed next to the flash memory. It seemed that this particular algorithm didn't exist. FTFE_2K_K32L3A60_cm4.cfx

If you delete this algorithm from the memory setup you can select one in the GUI flash tool. I selected FTFE_4K_K32L3A60_cm4.cfx and that worked.

0 Kudos
k_sunilgupta
Contributor II

i am getting error while debug the program 

error is : ACK index fault probe 1 error.

micro-controller : LPC54606J512BD100

Debugger : LPC LINK 2

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

basically your probe is not able to talk to the device. There can be many reasons for this, so without any more information it is really hard to tell. Otherwise have a look at https://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/11/03/debugging-failure-check-list-and-hints/

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
k_sunilgupta
Contributor II

BUT I TRIED ITS NOT WORKING

0 Kudos
Kolibri
Contributor III

Hello i´m sorry i have no idea why it is not working for you. I´m not a NXP employee.

You can try to change the reset and flash handling settings in the debug configuration maybe this helps and then you dont have to do it all the time over the gui flash tool when this error occurs many times.

But if you have the same board you can try this: i hope this helps. Or look how you can set up you´re board to load form Bootloader ROM instead of you´re application.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Other-NXP-Products/Unable-to-Flash-or-Debug/m-p/1478074#M14421

Best regards

0 Kudos
Kolibri
Contributor III

I solved the problem by using the GUI Flash Tool in the MCUXpresso IDE and change there the options for reset handling and flash reset handling from Default to SYSRESETREQ. After Run everything worked just fine and i´m able to flash with any driver example.

Best regards