PATH settings in MCUXpresso IDE 11.2.0 build 4120

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PATH settings in MCUXpresso IDE 11.2.0 build 4120

mikhailmaizelis
Contributor I

Where can I edit the $PATH settings in the MCUXpresso IDE 11.2.0 for Windows x86_64 ? I've just installed this latest version of the IDE, tried to build one of my old projects and got this error:
     Program "make" not found in PATH.

I've double checked my installation and found "make" in the directory where it is expected to be:
   C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.2.0_4120\ide\buildtools\bin

So clearly PATH is not correctly. How one can edit it ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

You can check and see the paths here:

ErichStyger_0-1671694663952.png

or in the project settings:

ErichStyger_1-1671694762060.png

or see here:

ErichStyger_2-1671694913308.png

Now: how do you create the files? See https://mcuoneclipse.com/2017/03/29/mcuxpresso-ide-s-record-intel-hex-and-binary-files/ how it is usually done.

Check your build settings, it should look like this:

ErichStyger_3-1671694998108.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can see all the variables in the build section (right-click project => Properties => C/C++ Build => Build Variables and make sure to tick "Show system variables"). However, given the fact that this fundamental thing is not working in your case, you'll probably run into some other problems after fixing the path variable.

Greetings,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

mikhailmaizelis
Contributor I

I followed (right-click project => Properties => C/C++ Build => Build Variables and make sure to tick "Show system variables"), found the "Path" variable and appended the path to the "make" utility which was missing, namely "C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.2.0_4120\ide\buildtools\bin;". I applied the changes and then I restarted the IDE and tried to build my project. It failed the same as before with this message:

Error: Program "make" not found in PATH

PATH=[C:/nxp/MCUXpressoIDE_11.2.0_4120/ide/jre/bin/server;C:/nxp/MCUXpressoIDE_11.2.0_4120/ide/jre/bin;C:/nxp/MCUXpressoIDE_11.2.0_4120/ide/jre/lib/amd64;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Hummingbird\Connectivity\14.00\NFS Maestro\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Hummingbird\Connectivity\14.00\NFS Maestro\;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\170\Tools\Binn\;C:\Users\212476878\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;;C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.2.0_4120\ide;]

But the PATH in the error message still does not incorporate my latest addition, "C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.2.0_4120\ide\buildtools\bin;". And the variable I edited through the menu was "Path" while the one in the error message is "PATH". So the question remains - how do I edit "Path" (or "PATH" ?) so that the IDE recognizes my changes ?

Thank you

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

I think you need to change in a different place:

Window->Preferences

MCUExpresso IDE->Paths and directories

and edit the 'Additional Path directories' to ensure it contains paths to your files.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mikhail Maizelis ,

What about your project? Does it created by other version IDE?

How about create a new project?

Regards,

Alice

0 Kudos

jxu1
Contributor I
I have same issue as the post here.
a) I installed "MCUXpresso IDE v11.5.1 [Build 7266] [2022-04-13]" and import a project file created previously by "MCUXpresso IDE v11.2.0 [Build 4120] [2020-07-09"].
b) While I try to build to create ".hex" file, I ran into an error: "Program "make" not found in PATH"
c) I have added the "make.exe" directory in MCUXpresso IDE ->Paths and Directories, but no help and have same issue
d) Could you shed a light to show how to resolve this issue?
Thanks,
Jimmy
0 Kudos