cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso and J-Link debugger

eshaulx
Contributor I

Dear NXP,

I am having trouble debugging with the J-link debugger using the MCUXpresso.

Please note that when I am using the old Kinetis Design Studio it is working OK.

Processor: MKL17Z644

MCUXpresso version: 10.0.2

When I am creating a new debug configuration (using the quickstart panel) I am getting the following message:

"No source available for "(gdb[0].proc[42000].threadGroup[i1],gdb[0].proc[42000].OSthread[1]).thread[1].frame[0]"

Please refer to the attached file

Thanks in advance

Erez.

Labels (1)
1 Reply

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is this happening with a standard example for your MCU, or only with your own project? And is it a standard board or your own?

I presume that you never hit the default breakpoint on main()? But what happens if you hit the pause button in the IDE?

Can you also confirm what version of SEGGER software you are using? As you are having problems, it may be worth installing the latest version (available from the SEGGER website) and seeing if you still see the same problem.

Finally, can you post the text from the SEGGER console in the Console View (as per section 14.11 - The Console View - and section 3.10 - SEGGER Troubleshooting - of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide).

[ Aside : with regards to the gdb[0]... editor tab that you are seeing, this message is generally erroneous. The debugger has at some point during the connection to the target tried to access memory at a point when the PC was not "valid", and then tried to display the source related to the "invalid" address - which has triggered the edit box with the"no source..." message in it. Preventing this happening is actually very hard, as it depends on all sorts of configuration and timings between the PC, the debug probe and the target. And many users won't actually see it in their particular setup. ]

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support