MCUXPRESSO v11.1.1.1 Windows 10 unable to debug

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXPRESSO v11.1.1.1 Windows 10 unable to debug

sam5
Contributor I

This thread I'm certain has been answered, but I have looked a lot of places in this forum, and tried a lot of things. I am unable to boot the debugger probes in LinkServer.(see scrnsht)...either from the "Debug your Project" Quickstart panel, or the BootDebugProbe icon on the top bar.   I have a FRDM-KL46Z Eval board, which is known good, as I have loaded .bin files into it. My code compiles clean, and  I have tried many types of bootloader upgrades, including DAPLink rev0244, DAPLinkrev0244 OpenSDA v2.2Bootloader, P&E micro v118, 20140530_k20dx128_kl46z_if_opensda.s19....

I have SDK_2.4.1_FRDM-KL46Z  SDK installed (but have tried earlier versions as well)..

When I look into Device Manager, I see (usually)  OpenSDA-CDC SerialPort (http://www.pemicro.com/opensda)(COM3). except when in load theP&E micro driver, then I see FRDM-KL46...  I am thinking now the problem is with something in MCUEXPRESO and my version of Windows 10??? , however,  maybe the screen shots attached could shed some light on this...

I have ordered a P&E micro Universal, but with Covid 19, expect things to be very delayed. (I saw somewhere Windows 10 can permanently disable the bootloader unless an exernal debugger is attached to the target???)

Have even tried with MCUXPreSSO V10.0, but still no luck. 

Thanks for any and all assistance.

• Screen Shot 04-18-20 at 01.57 PM.PNG
  • Screen Shot 04-18-20 at 01.56 PM.PNG
  • Screen Shot 04-18-20 at 01.49 PM.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Reply

sam5
Contributor I

a Re-Install fixed the problem... It must be easy to break the IDE, as now the Linkserve window displays the different probe check-boxes it found...I found it best not to mess with, as it seems to select what it finds automatically.
Also, best if debug is initiated from the Quickstart panel for the type of probe it finds. I think this is how I broke the tool, by seecting the wrong one too many times.

0 Kudos