cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXPRESSO overflow SRAM after setup peripheral modules

clkunde
Contributor II

Hi Folks!

I'm getting a weird error when I try to change (or enable) some peripheral in my project, after the first setup.

The MCU is LPC55S06JHI48
The MCUXPRESSO IDE version (was installed today) is v11.7.1 [Build 9221] [2023-03-28]
The SDK  is SDK_2.x_LPC55S06 2.13.0.201911251446

If I start and setup a new project, after compile, I get no errors and the usage of the SRAM is ok, like the figure below.

mem_ok.png

But, if I try to modify (disable, enable or insert a new peripheral or drive), the compiler overflow the SRAM. (see the picture below)

mem_error.png

The next picture is an example that I tried to do. I disable the CAN peripheral to do some tests, but when I enable them, the SRAM overflow happens again.

peripheral_enable.png

Is not something related to CAN module. If I try to change RTC, FLEXCOM or any other modulo, I get the same error. The same occurs when some driver is installed on the project, after the first setup.

Maybe it is a bug in a MCUXPRESSO? Somebody got something similar, could me help.

Thank you my friends!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @clkunde 

Please send your project, I help you check on my side, thanks.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

clkunde
Contributor II

Hello Alice.

I figured out the problem (I guess). 

As the picture below, the field "Allocate Messages RAM" should not be checked. When it is checked, the SRAM overflows.

Yes, is a issue related to CAN. There are no troubles with another modules.

CAN_RAM.png

But Alice, let me know. Is possible allocate the messages in the SRAMX or SRAM3 areas?

Thank you!

0 Kudos