IDE STARTUP ERROR LOG / DEBUGGER ISSUES

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDE STARTUP ERROR LOG / DEBUGGER ISSUES

gregs5451
Contributor III

Regarding my previous post about a FRDM-KE02Z board not showing registers or memory information, today the FRDM-KL25Z board is ALSO acting the same.  Playing around with both boards I find that I can get intermittent debugger data if I PAUSE and then RESUME operation.  I noticed a similar peculiar response earlier when playing with the semi-host - console output from the "hello_world" example where the keyboard input gets echoed back to the console.  If I pull a RESTART and RESUME on the board to get the initial "hello world" message, then the echo stops working, until I PAUSE and then RESUME again.

I just now have started to pay attention to the Error Log window and that's where my problems seem to be originating.

For starters, here is the initial MCUXpresso IDE startup that occurs.

pastedImage_1.png

Loading "hello_world", RESUME, select UART Peripheral UART1, shows disabled.

pastedImage_2.png

Press PAUSE, Error Log update. "Request for monitor: 'RequestMonitor (org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.mi.service.MIMemory$4@4fbfde47): Status ERROR: org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb code=10004 Failed to execute MI command:
-data-evaluate-expression &(ch)
Error message from debugger back end:
No symbol "ch" in current context. java.lang.Exception: No symbol "ch" in current context.' resulted in an error."

pastedImage_3.png

Press Resume, UART1 now shows registers.

pastedImage_4.png

Do I have an Install issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Regarding your first screenshot, I see two errors related to the Config Tools. I think you should ask what's with those in the appropriate forum subspace. I can't comment on their impact.

Next, you're adding the UART peripheral whilst core is running. Peripherals cannot be read when target is running, thus the behavior you observed. A Suspend will actually update/read the memory rendering for the peripherals. So please keep in mind that peripherals can be read only when target is suspended.

As far as the evaluation of "ch", it's also expected to see that error. From what I can see in the first screenshot, "ch" is a local variable in "main", whereas you're trying to evaluate it when target is stopped in "__sys_readc" (this being the currently selected context).

Greetings,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

gregs5451
Contributor III

Thanks for replying.

I will take your advise and post the error messages in another area...that is IF I can login to the community support page. For some reason I get a "400 Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand." For the past several hours now.

Regarding reading peripherals, WOW, you're correct. I found such explanation in the IDE User Guide. Shocking. I'm use to using CodeWarrior Eclipse for my Kinetis part. I was always use to observing register and memory values in real time. This will take some getting use to.

0 Kudos