I need interface lwip tcp protocol that is KSZ8851SNLI with rt1170 through spi protocol

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need interface lwip tcp protocol that is KSZ8851SNLI with rt1170 through spi protocol

sandeep_c
Contributor I

I need interface lwip tcp protocol that is KSZ8851SNLI with rt1170 through spi protocol can you help me with it Thank you

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Roua
Contributor I

can you explain if you resolve the problem 

same issu i am confused 

best regards Roua,

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
I hope you are well.

To use lwip you might refer to the examples but you need to make modifications on the PHY to use KSZ8851SNLI.
Unfortunately, there are no examples to interface to this specific PHY from our side.
You will need to adapt this implementation, you can refer to the SPI examples as well to integrate your PHY driver.

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

sandeep_c
Contributor I
it means if i change the phy layer with ksz8851snli.h and ksz8851.c driver files with spi communication is it enough or we need to change anything in lwip example code as of now i need to ping between the microcontroller and pc.
i have one doubt how to write ip address and subnet mask and gateway address to the mcu initiially
0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, since you're using a different PHY from the used on the EVK it is needed to modify the drivers that communicate the MAC with the PHY. Since it also uses SPI it is needed to also integrate SPI on those drivers.
I cannot guarantee that swapping those files will work since it might still need modification to be ported to RT1170.
To write IP address/subnet mask and gateway address it is needed to modify the values from the macros of the main file of the example.

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

sandeep_c
Contributor I
thank for your reply you mean mdio folder is used for communicating the MAC layer and phy folder will transmit the available data on ksz8851nsl to the mdio_read or mdio_write
one more doubt when i was reading blogs i seen one we need change the netif/ethernet.c file (etharp_input or etharp_putput) or just phy layer is enough to change for lwip stack
0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I cannot assure the specific files to modify for this specific PHY. The MDIO management interface implements a standardized method to access the PHY device management registers. You need to change the PHY drivers and also how the MAC is communicating with the PHY.

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

Roua
Contributor I

Hello,

Are you know what should we do i am confused too  what configuration you are doing?

best regards, Roua

0 Kudos

sandeep_c
Contributor I
we have to write ksz8851nsl driver but in example code they have provided the ksz8081 and rtl8211 so we need to write the driver for this
0 Kudos