cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-MCXN947

Jump to solution
saulius1005
Contributor II

I' am totally new with NXP. Today I receive my new FRDM-MCXN947 board and according to NCP "getting started" tutorial Getting Started with FRDM-MCXN947 I was able to reach 3 step "Build and run". I am stuck at this point. Everything goes well until i press debug icon (blue bug) next i select my device an get bunch of error such as "Unable to open probe 1 index" and two other. I try to search solution for this but it fails. Now I have only nice board with flashing red led.... Quite nice start I would say. Almost forgot- when i press (blue bug) near to my device was yellow triangle with firmware update message. I press it and download zip file. So how I should update my device with those files? where i should put them?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos
3 Replies
saulius1005
Contributor II

Thanks

0 Kudos
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
you are welcome
0 Kudos
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @saulius1005 

Thanks for reaching out. 

Are you still having issues?  

The below warning shows that  there are debug firware updates available.

diego_charles_0-1709501626805.png

If one hovers the cursor over the warining , the SWLinkServer_1.4.85.exe  download link will appear. Please download and install this SW. 

To update the FW of the on-board debugger of the FRDM-MCXN947 ( MCU-Link ) you need to:

1 Navigate to MCU-LINK_installer_3.133 folder on your PC. Default path is C:\nxp\MCU-LINK_installer_3.133.

2 Navigate to scripts folder and double click on program_CMSIS or program_JLINK. Download the FW of your preference. Default is program_CMSIS, which is developed by NXP. J-Link FW is developed by Segger and allows you to use Segger tools, like J-mem or J-Link commander.

diego_charles_1-1709502042480.png

Set the MCU-Link into DFU mode, by shunting J21 header and performing a power cycle.

4 Press a key to run the debugger update script. Below an example of succesful programming of CMSIS DAP FW.

diego_charles_2-1709502192599.png

5 Remove J21 and do a power cycle.

6 Start a new debug session. As you see, the warning is not longer appearing. 

diego_charles_3-1709502316497.png

I hope this could help you. 

Diego

0 Kudos