cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger problem, exit debugging session, SWD Configuration

simpledeveloper
Contributor III

Hello,

the MCU-link debugger keeps having multiple issues and debug is never smooth as it may be, working is very tiring anmd tedious.

In the present case, when starting a debugging session with CMSIS-DAP adapter and LinkServer debug, the first time ever the debugging session is launched the debugging session starts ok.
Then, the debug session stops and exits without any error message prompted in any eclipse view, tipically when the MCU seem freezed from the serial debug port and I press the pause button on the debugger trying to see where the program stopped.
After this, re-launching a  debugging session always popup the window "SWD Configuration"

simpledeveloper_0-1706881008393.png

Closing this windows both with the x and with the "cancel" do not start the debugging session.

No solution rather than power off and on again the board and disconnecting and reconnecting back the debugger.

only other solution found is the one in this thread https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/RT1170-EVK-MCUXpresso-quot-SWD-Configuration-quot-0-available/m... but is not feasible on custom boards and is also long to be executed each and every debug session.

What can I do to have a repeatable debug session?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

simpledeveloper
Contributor III

Hello Pavel,

The target is a custom board mounting MIMXRT1062DVJ6A, the problem is related to the debugger and not only on the hardware since I saw this also many times in the past on the MIMXRT1060-EVK.

Debugger is the MCU-Link as said, now with fw v3.133 but I moved from MCUXpresso 11.5 to the 11.8 and also the version of debugger firmware, this continue to happen with all the versions of IDE/DebuggerFw.

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, this issue seems like the debugger has something wrong with the firmware maybe, but could you review if the jumpers are in the default position? another way could be to reinstall the driver on the PC, could you reproduce the same behavior on a different PC? 

Getting Started with the MCU-Link | NXP Semiconductors

MCU-Link Pro User Manual (nxp.com)

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos

simpledeveloper
Contributor III

Hello Paul,
mcu-link is updated

Manufacturer = NXP Semiconductors
Description = MCU-LINK (r0FF) CMSIS-DAP V3.133

also reinstalled the firmware with the "Program MCU-Link CMSIS-DAP" nothing changes.

Default jumper positions so no jumpers at all.

Yes problem appear also in other PC with same setup.

Any other clues?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, sorry for the late response, maybe this problem is on the hardware, I recommend consult with your distributor to open the warranty channel.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos

simpledeveloper
Contributor III

Hi,
the problem clearly is not an hardware problem or it will happen all the time also in the first run.

Can you please propose some other NXP software try on the mcuxpresso and mcu-link combination

Thanks

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I have more questions about it, could you let me know if the device is enumerated? could you share an image for double check? could you try with another USB cable?

Let me know about this test.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Pavel, and I will be supporting your case, could you let me know about your target? What kind of EVK do you have?

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos