cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build server: Mcuxpressoide: java returned with exit code 1

Jump to solution
rajendrac4u
Contributor II

Hello, can any one help me with below issue.

my build server is compiling fine with error in the source code, but java return with error code 1 each time, because of that my build server is failling.

PC:  windows 10 64 bit

jdk: 15/17 tried with both

mucxpresso: 11.4.1 or 11.5.

same this working fine in the developer machine.

12:02:36 Build Finished. 0 errors, 251 warnings. (took 1s.231ms) Mcuxpressoidec: Java was started but returned exit code=1 -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=11 -Xms256m -Xmx3072m -Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true -Djava.library.path=binaries -Djava.class.path=C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.1_6260\ide\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.6.0.v20200915-1508.jar -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -launcher C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.1_6260\ide\mcuxpressoidec.exe -name Mcuxpressoidec --launcher.library C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.1_6260\ide\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.2.0.v20200915-1442\eclipse_11100.dll -startup C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.1_6260\ide\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.6.0.v20200915-1508.jar --launcher.overrideVmargs -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.1_6260\Workspace1 -cleanBuild DM/RTXC_DM -vm C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.1_6260\ide\\jre/bin/server/jvm.dll -vmargs -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=11 -Xms256m -Xmx3072m -Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true -Djava.library.path=binaries -Djava.class.path=C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.1_6260\ide\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.6.0.v20200915-1508.jar

=========================================================

my script for the compilation:

-==============================================================

REM Batch file to build an Eclipse project from the command line on Windows
REM Example for using MCUXpresso IDE

@REM path of the IDE
SET IDE_PATH=C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.1_6260

@REM path to the SDK
SET SDK_PATH=C:\Users\Administrator\mcuxpresso\02\SDKPackages

@REM TFS project downloaded source path
SET REPO_SOURCE_CODE=C:\Users\INRAC7\Documents\REX601_BSW
@REM path to GNU tools and compiler: arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe, ....
SET TOOLCHAIN_PATH=%IDE_PATH%\ide\tools\bin

@REM variable to the command line Eclipse IDE executable
SET IDE=%IDE_PATH%\ide\mcuxpressoidec.exe

ECHO Extending PATH if not already present
ECHO %PATH%|findstr /i /c:"%TOOLCHAIN_PATH:"=%">nul || set PATH=%PATH%;%TOOLCHAIN_PATH%

copy %REPO_SOURCE_CODE%\Tools\SDK\* %SDK_PATH%

rmdir /s /q C:\Users\INRAC7\Documents\MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.1_6260\Workspace

cd C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop

@REM -cleanbuild on project: this does a 'clean' on each build target followed by a build
"%IDE%" -nosplash --launcher.suppressErrors -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -import "%REPO_SOURCE_CODE%\DM" -data "C:\Users\INRAC7\Documents\MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.1_6260\buildWorkspace"

@REM -cleanbuild on project: this does a 'clean' on each build target followed by a build
"%IDE%" -nosplash --launcher.suppressErrors -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -import "%REPO_SOURCE_CODE%" -data "C:\Users\INRAC7\Documents\MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.1_6260\buildWorkspace"

"%IDE%" -nosplash --launcher.suppressErrors -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data "C:\Users\INRAC7\Documents\MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.1_6260\buildWorkspace" -cleanBuild DM/RTXC_DM

"%IDE%" -nosplash --launcher.suppressErrors -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data "C:\Users\INRAC7\Documents\MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.1_6260\buildWorkspace" -cleanBuild REX601_BSW/RTXC

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

From what we see in the log:
1. SDK reports missing packages - looks like the SDK is not correctly loaded
2. gcc is not able to be invoked - looks like missing path to the toolchain
3. "Project 'DM' is not open" - looks like a project corruption inside the workspace

What we propose:
1. delete .metadata directory from workspace
2. open IDE and refresh on SDKs from Installed SDKs view
3. open the desired project in IDE and try a clean+build (from IDE) - is this working?
4. if #3 is successful, try again from command line

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
stevehills
Contributor I

The above solution did not succeed for me.

I found that MCUXpresso IDE writes important directories and files to a location in the user’s home directory. When an automation service such as Jenkins runs the user home directory may not be accessible by Windows. To allow MCUXpresso IDE to find these directories and files, I had to edit the mcuxpressoide.ini file (ex. C:\MCUXpressoIDE_11.7.0_9198\ide\mcuxpressoide.ini) and set the user.home directory to a location that is accessible by the IDE (ex. C:\development\). Restarted the IDE after making the change, and automation was successful after that.

-Duser.home=C:\development

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I see you are trying to use "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop" path while your current user seems to be "INRAC7". Just to exclude any potential right access, can you switch that "Administrator" path to "INRAC7"?

If this doesn't help, can you please attach the log created on C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\MCUXpressoIDE_11.4.1_6260\Workspace1\.metadata\.log ?

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos
rajendrac4u
Contributor II

Hello Sir,

The changes you suggested to change the Administrator to INRAC7 path does not work.

please find the requested log file attached

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

From what we see in the log:
1. SDK reports missing packages - looks like the SDK is not correctly loaded
2. gcc is not able to be invoked - looks like missing path to the toolchain
3. "Project 'DM' is not open" - looks like a project corruption inside the workspace

What we propose:
1. delete .metadata directory from workspace
2. open IDE and refresh on SDKs from Installed SDKs view
3. open the desired project in IDE and try a clean+build (from IDE) - is this working?
4. if #3 is successful, try again from command line

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos
rajendrac4u
Contributor II

Thanks for the response.

I per the log i resolved the Gcc and g++ path, now its build is working without error.

but, why this require gcc/g++ a i am using the arm cross compiler.

0 Kudos
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Can you tell us the part number that you are using?

Thanks

0 Kudos
rajendrac4u
Contributor II

Hello @vicentegomez ,

we are using IMXRT1064

0 Kudos
rajendrac4u
Contributor II

@vicentegomez 

i checked the .log file, it is require g++ to be installed.

after installing issue is solved

0 Kudos