11.2 Build Unresponsive

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11.2 Build Unresponsive

Keith4DSmith
Contributor V

Having just installed version 11.2, the first issue I have encountered is after starting a build the IDE becomes unresponsive for duration of the build.

This doesn't happen all the time, but always occur on the first build after starting the IDE and then frequently.

The build completes successfully, but there is no output to the Console window. All the output that would have scrolled as the build is proceeding is displayed, but the IDE was unresponsive during the build (blue rotating circle at the cursor).

I frequently perform other actions in the IDE during a build. This is annoying.

I am using Windows 10.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Keith4DSmith
Contributor V

I was able to correct this problem by right-click on Project, select Configure 'Unconvert to xText Project'

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

Have you checked your firewall and/or antivirus software?

Also, suggest you open an activity monitor (Process Explorer from Microsoft is great) to see what is using all of the CPU time.

0 Kudos

Keith4DSmith
Contributor V

As stated, MCUXpresso is compiling correctly, but behind a blue rotating circle. The console is not visible, but at the end of the compilation all the compiler messages are present in the console window. I just wasn't able to see the output in real-time and was locked out from doing any other activity during the compilation. I do not believe there is any other activity. It's as if the opening of the console window is blocked by the compilation.

0 Kudos

bastian_schick
Contributor IV

What happens if you limit the number of jobs? I think default is -j(all logic cores).

0 Kudos

Keith4DSmith
Contributor V

Yes the default -j is all logic cores. I have 12 logic cores. -j12 is seen during the build.

But as stated, this doesn't happen all the time.

Will set -j6 and see what happens.

0 Kudos

Keith4DSmith
Contributor V

Changing to -j6 still has the blue rotating circles, but not all the time.

0 Kudos

bastian_schick
Contributor IV

I did not notice such, but an overall slow responsiveness of the IDE. For example opening a folder in the project explorer.

And I have 16 (logical) cores for it.

0 Kudos