cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to download mcuxpresso on ubuntu 22.04

Jump to solution
bp1979
Senior Contributor I

I can't seem to download mcuxpresso on ubuntu. 

running 21.10 and 22.04. when I navigate to your website and click on "download" nothing happens

bp1979_0-1650920144748.png

I do get a waiting for nxp status in the status bar, but eventually after a long long wait, it gives up.

bp1979_1-1650920205011.png

When I boot to windows I have no trouble accessing the download section. I have a default installation of ubuntu, no dark magic in iptables or whatsoever. The problem occurs on 2 PCs running ubuntu.

Do others have the same problem? is there a fix/workaround? Can somebody provide me a direct download link?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
bp1979
Senior Contributor I

The only workaround I found is going to a windows OS. Go to nxp download page for mcuxpresso. Go through all mandatory steps (loggin, accept mandatory legal announcements, etc).

in the overview of installers per OS, grab the direct link of the bin file for linux. share that link with the ubuntu/linux system your are on and open it in a browser.

That way I am able to download the installer on ubuntu.

Would love to hear if others experience the same problem. It's weird that the nxp website somehow doesn't seem to work on ubuntu. As said, I have two ubuntu machines, both experience the same problem. 1 is freshly installed 22.04. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bp1979
Senior Contributor I

The only workaround I found is going to a windows OS. Go to nxp download page for mcuxpresso. Go through all mandatory steps (loggin, accept mandatory legal announcements, etc).

in the overview of installers per OS, grab the direct link of the bin file for linux. share that link with the ubuntu/linux system your are on and open it in a browser.

That way I am able to download the installer on ubuntu.

Would love to hear if others experience the same problem. It's weird that the nxp website somehow doesn't seem to work on ubuntu. As said, I have two ubuntu machines, both experience the same problem. 1 is freshly installed 22.04. 

0 Kudos