USBD Library for LPC1100 series MCUs (TN00036.zip) import projects and builds issues.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBD Library for LPC1100 series MCUs (TN00036.zip) import projects and builds issues.

Jump to solution
DesF
Contributor II

Hello,

Importing lpc11u68 board library, lpc11u68 chip library & USBD library projects using the TN00036.zip archive does not place source files within its associated project for lpcxpresso board. I need clarification on how to complete successful build of each project.

• MCUXpresso IDE v11.2.1 [Build 4149] [2020-10-07].
• TN00036.zip.
• Technical note, TN00036 USBD Library for LPC1100 series MCUs. 1.0 — 13 March 2018 (pdf document).
• OM13058: LPCXpresso Board for LPC11U68, v2 Rev B.

I am attempting to import the latest board, chip, & USBD libraries from the TN00036.zip (into a new workspace), as detailed in the accompanied TN00036 technical note pdf.

Importing lib_chip_11u6x and lib_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_11u68 projects using the file system projects archive places the source and include files outside the project filesystem, as specified in both the \prj_xpresso11u68\lpcxpresso\lpc_chip_11u6x\.project & \prj_xpresso11u68\lpcxpresso\lpc_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_11u68\.project files' <linkedResources> XML tags.

The subsequent build of these projects fail. I can work-around this problem by deleting the Linked Resources properties of each project, creating src & inc project source folders and importing the appropriate files into the folders.

The technical note states that the USBD library can be found under:

\usbd_lib_lpc11u6x\prj_lpc_usbd_lib. The import file system project archive: lpc_usbd_lib ( usbd_lib_lpc11u6x\prj_lpc_usbd_lib\mcuxpresso) does not create src or inc folders.

I assume that I need to add these source folders and imports files from \usbd_lib_lpc11u6x\LPC_USBD_Lib\mw_usbd, \usbd_lib_lpc11u6x\LPC_USBD_Lib\mw_common & \usbd_lib_lpc11u6x\LPC_USBD_Lib\hw_usbd_ip3511 folders.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DesF
Contributor II

I hadn't needed to use linked resources before. The penny dropped after reading to following stack overflow question:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4000039/is-there-a-way-to-setup-linked-resources-relative-to-the...

I needed to edit the project's  Properties > Linked resources > Linked resources tab. and ensure that the link location points to the file location of the named resources. For example:

Resource name: board.c

Location: WORKSPACE_LOC\..\TN00036\usbd_lib_lpc11u6x\brd_xpresso11u68\src\board.c

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

I reproduced your issue. 

You need revise linked resource to make IDE recognize the source files. Thus you can use the demo code.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos
DesF
Contributor II

Thanks for testing my issue and your prompt response. 

However, your reply doesn't detail how you resolved the issue. Could you please provide a full explanation of what you did to successfully build all three chip, board, and USBD libraries.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
DesF
Contributor II

I hadn't needed to use linked resources before. The penny dropped after reading to following stack overflow question:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4000039/is-there-a-way-to-setup-linked-resources-relative-to-the...

I needed to edit the project's  Properties > Linked resources > Linked resources tab. and ensure that the link location points to the file location of the named resources. For example:

Resource name: board.c

Location: WORKSPACE_LOC\..\TN00036\usbd_lib_lpc11u6x\brd_xpresso11u68\src\board.c

0 Kudos