Seeing more cases of "Error: Read timed out LinkServer has been terminated and will be restarted" when trying to debug download my project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing more cases of "Error: Read timed out LinkServer has been terminated and will be restarted" when trying to debug download my project

fastwalker2
Contributor II

Hi All,

Originally, debug downloading to my LPC43S67 board was very reliable.  I'm using MCUExpresso IDE v10.1.1 [Build 606]  on Windows 10.  Lately, when trying to debug download my project I'm getting this error below more than 50% of the time.  I've tried power-cycling the board and restating the IDE but that doesn't seem to help.  How do I solve the problem?

Error in final launch sequence
Error: Read timed out
LinkServer has been terminated and will be restarted.
Please restart your debug session.
If the problem recurs, please power cycle your debug probe and restart MCUXpresso IDE.
Error: Read timed out
LinkServer has been terminated and will be restarted.
Please restart your debug session.
If the problem recurs, please power cycle your debug probe and restart MCUXpresso IDE.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sean,

Maybe the problem is the application that is being loaded,  if you load the periph_blinky example does the same behavior is present? You could try booting the part in ISP mode to see is the this solves the connection  problem.

You can find more information on this link:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/389112 

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos