Programming flash without debugger

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming flash without debugger

markeckerberg
Contributor I

I'm trying to find a way to just program the flash on a K22 without launching the debugger.

It doesn't seem possible with the pemicro programmer using mcuxpresso. "LinkServer GUI flash programmer" doesn't work with that programmer.  You would have to buy a $200 app from pemicro.

So I bought an LPC Link2 which, from what I read, should work with mcuxpresso "GUI flash programmer". I verified I have the CMSIS-DAP driver and it still wont work from the GUI.  So, I found the command line utility and tried :

crt_emu_cm_redlink -p K22FX512AM12 --flash-load ...

I get : Ec(04). Chip name unknown in library

So I searched online for the chip name library to see if I may not have the chip name formatted correctly.  I cannot find a list of supported chip names.  Does one exist?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you actually downloaded an appropriate SDK for your target MCU? This needs to be done to give the IDE part knowledge necessary to carry out flash programming.

For more details, please see the MCUXpresso IDE v10.1 User Guide, in particular:

• Chapter 4, "SDKs and Preinstalled Part Support Overview"
  • Section 12.5, "Using the LinkServer Flash Programmer"

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mark,

I recommend you refer professor Erich Styger's article that may help you.

Using Eclipse to Program Binary Files to an Embedded Target | MCU on Eclipse 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos