表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

MCUXpresso on Win and Linux

ソリューションへジャンプ
234件の閲覧回数
Bela1
Contributor III

Ladies and Gentlemen,

due to some reason, I have to develop my own FW on two different PCs. Once on a Windows-computer, the other times on another, which has Linux Mint on it.

Re-installing the systems is not an option.

I could manage to install the newest MCUXpresso on both machines. They work similar to each other, but not exactly the same way.

When I copy the whole working directory from the Win machine to the Linux one, MCUXpresso cannot open the project, which already created on Windows. All the files are there.

Additionally, when I try to create a new project on Mint, I cannot do it for a concrete microcontroller, the only option is to choose a development board. I'd like to choose a microcontroller only - on Windows it is not a problem - because I have my own hardware for the controller.

What is the proper way to copy an existing project from Win to Linux and vice-versa?

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信
1 解決策
186件の閲覧回数
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Bela1,

Understood, thank you for sharing this information. Please try my suggestions and let me know if they work for you.

BR,
Edwin.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
返信
5 返答(返信)
198件の閲覧回数
Bela1
Contributor III

Hallo EdwinHz,

thank You for the advices. I will try them during the weekend. It is new to me, that copying the folders doesn't work. I had the same experience yesterday, when I tried to copy the whole project folder from a network drive to my C drive - to allow offline work - and it also didn't work, on the same machine.

I didn't download the CPU's SDK. MCUXpresso is just a clean installation on Mint, as it comes from the factory, this would be the first project to work with. I will try it too.

0 件の賞賛
返信
187件の閲覧回数
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Bela1,

Understood, thank you for sharing this information. Please try my suggestions and let me know if they work for you.

BR,
Edwin.

0 件の賞賛
返信
218件の閲覧回数
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Bela1,

Have you tried transferring the project by exporting and importing them, rather than by copying and pasting them between computers?

Are you certain that you have the individual MCU's SDK, rather than the board's SDK installed on your Mint machine?

BR,
Edwin.

0 件の賞賛
返信
107件の閲覧回数
Bela1
Contributor III

Hi EdwinHz,

The transfer method, You suggested, works. Also, downloading the SDK's work perfect - just takes a lot of time - and I see the example programs, too.

Thank You for the support.

0 件の賞賛
返信
123件の閲覧回数
Bela1
Contributor III

Hi EdwinHz,

I tried Your suggestions, partly successfully.

I could download the necessary SDK for the concrete controller, and it is already possible to create a new project on the Linux machine, for the processor, not for an evalboard. That's a success, thank You for the help.

Unfortunately I couldn't import the previously exported Win-Project into the Linux machine, but it isn't Your problem. The pendrive got defect during the travel and I couldn't read it at all. I have to find some solution (not easy, we have an IT department around the Win machine ) and I will try it again.

But: the export function has created a .zip file. I looked into it and I see the project folder structure in there, like I copied it previously. The only difference I see is that it is zipped. Is it all right, shall it look like that, or did I do something wrong?

0 件の賞賛
返信