cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCB1800 Eval Board Booting Issues

ashishg
Contributor II

Hello NXP,

I am using LPC1800 Eval board & tried to program simple blink example program the board with Jlink as well as Flash magic.

My Eval board is only booting up with sample Demo example given by NXP & worked fine. But, it is not booting up from my code flashed in. The board LEDs seems be be behaving it seems in reset mode. While debugging from Jlink, code runs but still the LED pins behaves same as in reset mode.

Please help me on this. Thanks in advance

Ashish

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ashish,

Have you tried using the LPCOpen Examples to test this? Here's the link for download:

LPCOpen Software for LPC18XX | NXP 

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

ashishg
Contributor II

Thanks Alexis for the reply.

Actually I can load any example program & debug from Jlink debugger. It is working, but the MCB1800 hardware is behaving strangely.

Means if i run LED blinky example from debugger, it runs on MCU, I can put breakpoints & debug the code on compiler. but hardware LEDs are not blinking. LED_EN jumper is ON, but LED are not blinking. All remains HIGH. means code that the peripherals running on example on MCU is not behaving as per the code.

I tried loading the HEX code from flash magic but it is not running on MCU. 

If i run UART code example from debugger, it runs on MCU but i cannot see any data coming from Serial terminal. Strange !!

Added 2 photos : 1 : LED blinky code is running/debugging properly in compiler but board is sitting IDLE.   Cannot see any change in LEDs

1 :

pastedImage_1.png

2nd    2nd : board hardware is fine when runs Demo application

pastedImage_2.png

But the DEMO application(LEC touch/ADC/Led Blinking) which is hard coded in ext memory if runs, i can see all the peripherals are working fine.

Regards,

Ashish

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ashish,

I think this could be due to some configurations needed by the board, for example, looking at the blinky example, in the Board_LED_Set it mentions that JP3 and JP4 need to be shorted.

In the following link, you can find a list of jumpers that the board has and which you would need to use each feature:

MCB1800/4300 User's Guide: Jumper Descriptions 

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

ashishg
Contributor II

Hello Alexis,

Thanks for your support.

I managed to run sample programs in Eval board. There were some different projects settings which i am not aware. some lib files generated from some example projects are working & some are not. I didn't have time to sort out the differences as of now i am using projects that are running.

Cheers!!

Ashish

0 Kudos