KL02 application can't run normally with bootloader arch. (MCUXpresso + IAR)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL02 application can't run normally with bootloader arch. (MCUXpresso + IAR)

ithinkchen926
Contributor II

Hello NXP community,

we have met a strange problem in MKL02Z32VFM4 MCU using MCUXPresso and IAR for bootloader (FC protocol).

Bootloader : IAR , reserved 4K size from 0x0000~0x1000 of 32K flash.
Application : MCUXPresso, should assign application start from 0x1000 in linker file.

On the bootlaoder code ,change the jumpaddress ;

On the application code ,change the linker file , change it from the "jump address" to start.

In above arch, the application image seems does not start or run after upgrade image via bootloader.

MCUXpresso IDE v11.0.0 [Build 2516] [2019-06-05]

SDKVersion is V2.3.1

If we change developing application from MCUXPresso to Code Warriror V10.6, the application runs and operates normally with the same bootloader.

After comparing the binary file between MCUXPresso and Code Warrior, we found the file content of first 1k bytes seems have some basic different.

0.jpg

We changed flash location in properties -> C/C++ build -> MCU settings as below:

0.jpg

Do we missing any config procedure in MCUXPresso IDE?

Our linker file are list as attachment.

Would someone show me what I miss or doing wrong?

I thank everyone in advance for the great help,

Wed.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

ithinkchen926
Contributor II

Dear Jing,

yes, you are correct. 

The application works normally after revising some I2C related settings.

Problem resolved.

Wed

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chen,

I think your setting is fine. The content of first 1k bytes hs no problem. There are interrupt vector and initialize code. If you read map file, you'll know what they are. Please trace your bootloader code to see before jump to application, vector table is read correctly.

Regards,

Jing