Genarated code and LINT and TDD builds

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genarated code and LINT and TDD builds

tomvansistine
Contributor III

I  have 4 builds, Debug, Release, LINT and TDD.  The last two exclude hardware related code and do not need paths to hardware related folders.  When I change hardware, pins or peripherals, and generate new code, the process causes excluded files and folders for LINT and TDD to be included once again and add back paths to the hardware.  I have to manually spend a couple hours combing through every folder and some files to undo these changes until LINT and TDD work again.  How can I avoid this from happening? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tom,

Could you please provide more information about the tools and the chip you are using? For example, which IDE are you using? Which version of the IDE? What MCU are you using? 

Regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos

tomvansistine
Contributor III

I am using MCUXpresso 11.0.0 and Kinetis MK22FN512M12.

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tom, 

Thanks for the clarification! Before you mentioned the following: When I change hardware, pins or peripherals, and generate new code, the process causes excluded files and folders for LINT and TDD to be included once again and add back paths to the hardware. 

Just to confirm, you are making these changes with the MCUXpresso Config Tools, right? Also, could you please provide detailed instructions on how can I reproduce this on my end to see what is happening and if there's a way to avoid it?   

Regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos

tomvansistine
Contributor III

Yes, I am using MCUXpresso Config Tools.  After say changing a pin assignment I click on  "Update Code" the code. After this is done, I look in alternative builds like TDD and Lint and find all the paths changed and the folders not for Debug (i.e. ones that contain TDD tests) that were formerly excluded from the Debug build are not included again.

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tom, 

Thanks for sharing more information about it. Does this happen every time when you update the code with MCUXpresso Config tools? Could you please provide detailed instructions on how can I reproduce this on my end to see what is happening and if there's a way to avoid it?   

Regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos