cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt regarding Hi-z Mode in DRV8428

VIGNESH_BABU
Contributor II

Hi,

I was using the DRV8428 interface with LPC55S16 Microcontroller. In DRV8428 we having the micro-steps to control the stepper motor.In the Micro step we have to configure the M0 and M1  by High and Low.But they giving a Hi-z mode to control the micro-steps.In DRV8428 EVK we found that the HI-Z mode generate the 2.0 volt.I have a problem how to configure this voltage in the software.Below I was attached the datasheet of DRV8428.

1 Reply

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have checked the data sheet of DRV8428, for DRV8428, the M0 and M1 pins are INPUT pins, it is okay for you you to connect two GPIO pins of LPC55S16 to the M0 and M1 pins of DRV8428.

For the Low logic of M0/M1 pins, you can set the GPIO pin of LPC55S16 as GPIO output mode and output low logic.

For the High logic of M0/M1 pins, you can set the GPIO pin of LPC55S16 as GPIO output mode and output high logic.

For the requirement of High-z state of M0/M1 pins, you can configure the GPIO pin of LPC55S16 in input mode, in the state, the GPIO can be treated as float state, no-driving state.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos