cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging issue with LPC11C24 and MCUXpresso

Jump to solution
ruslan1
Contributor II

I have an application that should run on out board. I have some strange issue that I can't debug the application. I use LPC-LInk2 that connected to the board, the application compiled in Debug mode. I can set a breakpoint and IDE stops on it without problem. But when I press F6 to step over it just jumps to some wrong address

Untitled.png

and so it fails with message:

Failed to execute MI command:
-exec-next 1
Error message from debugger back end:
Cannot find bounds of current function

and I can't continue to debug the application. If I put a breakpoint on the next line it stops but pressing F6 again fails. 

I've checked the forum but cant' find any solution for that.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

Your micro is resetting, you must have moved something and it is difficult to deduce the cause. I recommend you try again an example of those that are available to see if the same thing continues to happen.

Hope it helps you.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ruslan1
Contributor II

So as said above, the cause for this strange behavior was MCU resetting. After searching in the code I've found that watchdog resets the MCU if I stop on a breakpoint. Unfortunately the only sign of a reset was jumping to an incorrect address. After changing from LPC-Link 2 to Segger J-link I get a message that my MCU is reset, and only after that I discovered the watchdog issue.

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

Your micro is resetting, you must have moved something and it is difficult to deduce the cause. I recommend you try again an example of those that are available to see if the same thing continues to happen.

Hope it helps you.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos