cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN-FD DRIVER API

canbazonur
Contributor II

Hello,

I am new for the MCUXpresso tool and LPCXpresso54618 card. To start with the card, I imported SDK example project (like 'hello world') and I have no problem.

Now, I am trying to import CAN-FD driver API example code. But when I import the example project and debug it, I got below error.

pastedImage_5.png

I simply want to activate 'classical_callbacks' example code. How can I do it ?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

miguel_mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anıl Onur Canbaz,

Change the size of the RAM is not a good practice when you are using an SDK, make sure that you associated the SDK to the project how I said in the past answer and check if effectively they were made. This should solve the issue.

Once you do the changes, you will notice in the memory details section, the type of memory, the location, and the size, you do not have to change anything, in plus if you have more than one project associated everyone with the SDK.

Wish it helps you!
Let me know if you can solve the problem.

regards,
Miguel Mendoza

0 Kudos

miguel_mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Anıl Onur Canbaz,

The problem is caused because your project is not associated with the SDK of the MCU. To correct that you have to go to the properties of the project (ALT + Enter), C/C++ build >> MCU and there you have the SDK MCUs section, you have to select the "LPC54618J512" that is with your project work.

CAMFD.png

Once you salected, apply the changes and with that, you are going to be able to run the example.

Wish it helps you!

regards,
Miguel Mendoza.

0 Kudos

canbazonur
Contributor II

Thanks Miguel,

After the building and debuging, I am getting below error. How can I solve the issue ?

Memory region Used Size Region Size %age Used
c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_10.2.0_759/ide/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: fd_callbacks.axf section `.text' will not fit in region `RamLoc'
c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_10.2.0_759/ide/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `RamLoc' overflowed by 3404 bytes
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
RamLoc: 19788 B 16 KB 120.78%
make: *** [fd_callbacks.axf] Error 1

21:38:20 Build Finished (took 2s.553ms)

0 Kudos

canbazonur
Contributor II

I have just increased RAM limitation but now new problem occured:smileysad:

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

canbazonur
Contributor II

I am still trying to find a solution, I am appreciated if somebody help me.

Thanks.

0 Kudos