All registers show disabled for running SDK example project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All registers show disabled for running SDK example project

gregs5451
Contributor III

mcuxpresso (v11.0.1) debugger shows all registers disabled for running SDK (FRDM-KE02Z) example project(hello_world).  Likewise Program Flash and SRAM show nothing but ????.  Example IS running OK.

Using a (FRDM-KL25Z) example project with (hello_world), appears to work properly and I can view registers and memory.

Why does everything appear disabled in the registers view with the FRDM-KE02Z board and running example project?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello gregs5451

I suggest to update the opensda firmware(suggest j-link)https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/ides-for-kinetis-mcus/opensda-serial-and-debug-adapter:OPENSDA

The program flash and SRAM registers are found at the peripherals window. The register updates their value when the debug session is at pause.

pastedImage_3.png

Let me know if this is helpful.

Best regards,

Omar

0 Kudos

gregs5451
Contributor III

Yes, I found my FRDM-KE02Z board had slightly older app firmware. So I updated it 1.14 -> 1.18. P&E

Regarding viewing variables, I was informed earlier by a support rep. that updates will only occur during PAUSE, which I did not expect from my experience with CodeWarrior.

Thanks for the update tip though.

0 Kudos