Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC553x: configure ADC hardware trigger sources

Jump to solution
danielholala
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

I already filed this question over there but as I've received no answer so far and the question pertains more to Config Tools, I am reposting it here:

For LPC5536, LPC5534 and family members, ADC Trigger sources get routed through the Input Multiplexer (INPUTMUX). If you want to use hardware trigger(s) for the ADC, one has to configure them here first. There are four trigger sources (i.e., registers) available for each ADC, e.g., for ADC0: ADC0_TRIG0 - ADC0_TRIG3. Each register select the input which generates the trigger. For example, one can set the trigger source 0 for ADC0 to be the input T0_MAT3. Yes you guessed right, that's match register 3 from timer 0.*)

I wonder where in Config Tools do I configure these four ADC trigger sources?

Thanks.
Daniel

Footnote: *) The reference manual already exceeds 2000 pages so I guess NXP decided to save space by being as brief as possible and not wasting precious PDF pages for explaining what ARM_TXEV, GPIOINT_BMATCH, etc. means. Too bad.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @danielholala,

First of all, we apologize for the delay and the fact that the documentation is not clear enough.

If you want to configure the ADC trigger sources with ConfigTools, here are some tips that could be useful to your development:

• You could set the ADC configuration and the Trigger module source in ConfigTools' Peripherals. For example, if you use an example with CTimer as trigger source like in LPC553x/LPC55S3x ADC with Hardware Trigger and ADC Calculator, you might want Add Peripheral drivers (Device specific): VREF, ADC0, and CTIMER.
    • VREF is added to solve a possible warning in ConfigTools while using the ADC0.
    • ADC0 is included to configure the general, conversion command, conversion trigger, and interrupt configuration of the module.

RaulRomero_0-1696015712651.png

[ConfigTools' Peripheral View]

• After you have configured all the Peripherals mentioned above, then you could move to ConfigTools' Pins where you would do the routing (INPUTMUX) of the trigger source.
    • Go to Peripheral Signal, look for ADC0 trigger pins, and check the trigger pin you want to use.
    • Then search for the trigger source you want to use this pin and check the box.
    • In the Code Preview you might see how the trigger source has been attached to the trigger pin of the ADC0.

RaulRomero_1-1696015712654.png

[ConfigTools' Pins View]

Best regards, Raul.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @danielholala,

First of all, we apologize for the delay and the fact that the documentation is not clear enough.

If you want to configure the ADC trigger sources with ConfigTools, here are some tips that could be useful to your development:

• You could set the ADC configuration and the Trigger module source in ConfigTools' Peripherals. For example, if you use an example with CTimer as trigger source like in LPC553x/LPC55S3x ADC with Hardware Trigger and ADC Calculator, you might want Add Peripheral drivers (Device specific): VREF, ADC0, and CTIMER.
    • VREF is added to solve a possible warning in ConfigTools while using the ADC0.
    • ADC0 is included to configure the general, conversion command, conversion trigger, and interrupt configuration of the module.

RaulRomero_0-1696015712651.png

[ConfigTools' Peripheral View]

• After you have configured all the Peripherals mentioned above, then you could move to ConfigTools' Pins where you would do the routing (INPUTMUX) of the trigger source.
    • Go to Peripheral Signal, look for ADC0 trigger pins, and check the trigger pin you want to use.
    • Then search for the trigger source you want to use this pin and check the box.
    • In the Code Preview you might see how the trigger source has been attached to the trigger pin of the ADC0.

RaulRomero_1-1696015712654.png

[ConfigTools' Pins View]

Best regards, Raul.