blhost interface for TWR-KL43Z48M ROM bootloader?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blhost interface for TWR-KL43Z48M ROM bootloader?

Jump to solution
tonymakkiel
Contributor III

Hi,

I am assuming blhost is compatible with the ROM bootloader (according to blhost user guide). According to the document it should work with UART and USB. But for some reason, I cant get it to work (both from Windows and Linux host).

Does it really work with ROM bootloader? Or is it meant to work with the flash resident bootlader? Which interface should I be using? I actually like to get it working with UART if possible.

Windows

It does not show up as a COM port (As per the Rom Bootlader User guide, KBTLDRUG.pdf, I was expecting a CDC COM port ). Only enumerates as  'USB MASS Storage Device.' So left with only one option RS232 on the TWR-SER board.

Desktop>blhost -p COM4 -- get-property 1 Error: Initial ping failure: No response received for ping command.

Linux

Shows up as usb and ACM device. Yet both did not work.

USB

./blhost -u 0x2504,0x00200 -d get-property 1

Error: UsbHidPeripheral() cannot open USB HID device (vid=0x2504, pid=0x0200, sn=).

UART

TWR RS232

./blhost -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -- get-property 1 Error: Initial ping failure: No response received for ping command

Many Thanks,

Tony

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tony Makkiel:

These are the pins used for KL43 ROM Bootloader:

pastedImage_0.png

Actually this information should be in the KL43 Reference Manual, sorry for the inconvenience and your wasted time, but the manual revision procedure takes some time.

As you can see, the correct interface is UART0 with pins PTA1 / PTA2. In TWR-KL43Z48M these pins are available through the GPIO Header J15, or also in elevator pads A41 / A42, just notice that you need the board TWR-SER2 instead of TWR-SER to use such pins.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
tonymakkiel
Contributor III

I guess, I know why the UART is not working. According to the reference manual, bootloader listens to LPUART and the UART from TWR-SER is the normal UART.

There are 2 LPUARTs! Which of these 2 does the bootloader listens to?

0 Kudos
tonymakkiel
Contributor III

I looked at the generic bootloader code.  But couldn't find the pinConfig for pins on which lpuart is exposed. Any idea what is the rom bootloader config?

Or any document which might help?

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tony Makkiel:

These are the pins used for KL43 ROM Bootloader:

pastedImage_0.png

Actually this information should be in the KL43 Reference Manual, sorry for the inconvenience and your wasted time, but the manual revision procedure takes some time.

As you can see, the correct interface is UART0 with pins PTA1 / PTA2. In TWR-KL43Z48M these pins are available through the GPIO Header J15, or also in elevator pads A41 / A42, just notice that you need the board TWR-SER2 instead of TWR-SER to use such pins.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
tonymakkiel
Contributor III

Thank you Jorge Gonzalez.

0 Kudos
tonymakkiel
Contributor III

But for some reason blhost still fails.

0 Kudos