blhost causes crash to kinetis CDC UART driver

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blhost causes crash to kinetis CDC UART driver

mohsenchamanira
Contributor I

I have a setup consisting of two Kinetis microcontrollers (MCU) mk22xx. The first MCU is connected to the PC via usb and the second MCU is connected to the first MCU via UART. To update the firmware on the second MCUI program the first MCU to just relay the data received from PC via USB to second MCU via UART. As if the first MCU is just a wire. 

The USB driver is a virtual comport and the PC operating system is windows 10. 

I can send data to the fist MCU via a hypertermianl and the application relays the received bytes to the second MCU, however when I try to use blhost or KinetisFlashTool to send data to second MCU the first MCU crashes and doesn't even recieve the data sent from the PC.

My best guess for the problem is the standard VCP firmware  I use for Kinetis microcontrollers. Perhaps changing the device descriptor would fix the problem.

Any suggestions are much appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

If the first MCU bootloader software is based on KBOOT V2.0 software?

If customer could get the bootloader status?

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos