Some problems about bootloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some problems about bootloader

Contributor II

Hello everyone,i have some problems in bootloader program of S32R274,i describe the problems below.

The linker file settings is shown in the picture below.

pastedImage_1.png

Download the elf files of the three-core APP to 274 through the download device, use the memory viewing function, export the data of the flash used by the Z4 and Z7 cores as file 1, and burn the S19 file of the APP project to 274 by using the CAN bus through the bootloader program. Use the memory viewing function and export the data of the flash used by the Z4 and Z7 cores as file 2;

By comparing the two files, it is found that file 1 and file 2 are exactly the same.But there are some problems:

1. 1.When debug the bootloader program, the CAN data transmission and flash burning can be carried out normally, and after the data burning is completed, wait for the watchdog to overflow and reset. After the reset, the program determines that the reset source is from watchdog, and then jumps to the APP program.The observed phenomenon is that the Z4 core program can run normally (judged by using CAN to send data in Z4 core), but the Z7 core can not run, and the working current is about 200mA.
  2. 2.At the end of the execution above, terminate the debug, and power cycle the 274. it is found that the current is 53mA, and after a few seconds, it drops to about 22mA. At this time, the CAN does not receive any data (as expected, the CAN data sent by the Z4 core should be received).

And there are my questions:

1.When debug bootloader, what are the possible reasons that the Z7 core does not run after the program jumps?

2.Run directly (bootloader and APP programs are already in the flash), what are the possible reasons why the program does not run?

If anyone know something about the problems, please tell me.

Thanks sincerely.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

if only application is programmed in the flash, is it working as expected? Are all cores running?

If the answer is yes, what steps are performed before jumping from bootloader to application?

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Hello Lukas,

The answer is yes, and  i have solved the problem now. It looks that clearing sram causes the program run away. I have a  new problem now, after power on the board, the program could jump to APP program and there are messages on the CAN bus, everything seems normal, but there is no object in the data(there is expected one or two objects), after check the memory i found that the adc original data is "0"(all of the region that save the adc original data), but when only APP is programed in the flash, there are detected objects.

If you know something about this, could you please give me some suggestions.

Thanks sincerely~

Regards,

Fei,Xu

0 Kudos