Is it possible to talk to MCU bootloader without using blhost?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to talk to MCU bootloader without using blhost?

longzhao1
Contributor I

I am creating a web-based serial monitor to connect to a board. This monitor now could connect to the device, send commands and listen for responses. I am thinking about adding the flash feature to the serial monitor. Currently I flash the device using blhost commands. I am wondering that if it is possible to directly send some bytes of data to the board to trigger the flash process. I am not very familiar with the embedded system, so could anyone helps me on this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Long Zhao ,

What's the nxp chip you are using?

If it is the flash bootloader, you totally can modify the flash bootloader code to meet your own demand.

The bootloader code can be found in the KSDK download package:

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

When you select the chip, in the middleware, please also select the mcu-boot.  

If you don't want to use the blhost, just want to receive some specific data, you can write your own bootloader, just refer to the official bootloader code.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

longzhao1
Contributor I

Hi Kerry

Thanks for the response. I am using a confidential nxp chip for my company business usage. I didn't find my board on the link you provided to me. It's not convenient to talk about my question at here, is it possible that we could communicate the problem offline privately using hangouts, wechat or phone calls? Thank you so much.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Long Zhao,

If your question is confidential, it's better to create the case in the NXP technical service:

https://nxpcommunity.force.com/community/CommunityContextPage?cf=General&subcf=Sectional+Navigation+... 

Then you can write your chip, and the related questions, the case will support you through the email, it is not public.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos